Regions that embed a Minimum BioDiesel blend to be sold by mandate

Terrific-In-Tahoma

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 ALH Jetta M5 / 05 BEW Jetta Wagon A4
Following this announcement in the Over-The-Road Truck news for Ontario Drivers,

http://www.trucknews.com/news/ota-c...N&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=TN-EN11042013

Is the premise that BioDiesel (B2-B5) is better for the air that we breathe.

Is there any compreshensive studies done on B2-B5 and the emissions that the engines with B(minimum) improve after their implementation?

Could B100 be sold an additive, and be supplemented by user will, as opposed to government edict?

My reason for asking about plan B, is due to the lubricicity factor, why when a "new" formula / Additive /RoadTax is addd to diesel fuels, do the prices at the pump do not reflect the costs alone of the additive package.

Case in point, Shell Premium Diesel Fuel in Belleville or Bowmanville Ontario retail stations is $0.06 more expensive per litre (Liter) or [$0.23 per US gallon].

Does it give a 6% improvement in Fuel Economy?

I'll be adding a list of a 'heat map' of Bio Blend by regional map and Jurisdiction.

[Embed Link of Image of Bio Blend by state layout]
Thanks
-R

Last edited:

drewkeen

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
One benefit to the consumer is that a blend of B2 or higher greatly increases the lubricity of the super dry ulsd we now are supplied at the pump.

Noodle1969

TDI
2012 passat
intersting read...i too wonder about the extra 6 cents per litre..think its a little steep but then i dont have to fill that often..lol