www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) and other V6 TDIs

Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) and other V6 TDIs Discussions area for Audi Q7 and Q5 TDI (2009+ in Canada & the US) as well as others with the V6 TDI such as the A6, A7 and A8 sedans.

Old March 17th, 2019, 16:02   #16
Mythdoc
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskies2710 View Post
Now I need to do more research..... you're telling me Chipwerke is as simple as plug it in for the tune, unplug for no tune? No need to get into a shop.

I've debated to get a Flashzilla which would technically work in the same manner.

Yes, just connect or disconnect. Since it doesn’t rewrite (flash) the ECU it doesn’t show up on the VW/Audi computer system. No chance of the warranty being disqualified. Flashzilla, theoretically, can be detected by the computer if they check, based on the number of ECU flashes done.

2015 Q5 TDI w/ Chipwerke tuner, 36K Miles. Post fix MPG: 33.9
2015 Golf TDI SE, Lighting Package, 16K miles
2011 Touareg TDI (sold back, May 2018); 2015 Golf TDI S (totaled, Oct 2018)
Mythdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:38   #17
Huskies2710

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythdoc View Post
Yes, just connect or disconnect. Since it doesn’t rewrite (flash) the ECU it doesn’t show up on the VW/Audi computer system. No chance of the warranty being disqualified. Flashzilla, theoretically, can be detected by the computer if they check, based on the number of ECU flashes done.
Been reading up all morning. Followed your logs and also many other Chipwerke owners posts. Among the Unitronic, Kerma, and APR threads I read bedore this.

I still believe Malone is what's best for me and what I'm looking for as a whole package. Given the shop is ten minutes from my house, having professionals available if a problem were to arise seems like the best investment overall.

Most importantly, for me, smoothness across the powerband is something I truly want. Everything I read on Malones tune is how the car stays levelheaded and controlled. Where some tunes can be jittery or a bit to much "in your face"

Maybe that's why Malone tunes seem to have owners saying they don't feel the power of the tune as much as whatever other tune they are comparing it too? It's not as ferocious because it's just a bit more precise.

I hope that rings true, and my car agrees with it after completion.

As far as the extended warranty, the car is currently on it's way from the West coast. Once it arrives it's going to Audi for a check-up to make sure it's all on the up and up, but it was a one owner lease with all service records included in the Carfax from Audi. It has had the fix, if nothing shows up now, I have confidence the car will continue on reliably and even more so with the Tune.

6 long months of waiting to get this car is almost over...
Huskies2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 15:51   #18
Mythdoc
Veteran Member

Malone has a lot of satisfied customers. I’ll take a good look at getting one when my extended warranty is expired, assuming I still have the vehicle, which is indeed the plan.

2015 Q5 TDI w/ Chipwerke tuner, 36K Miles. Post fix MPG: 33.9
2015 Golf TDI SE, Lighting Package, 16K miles
2011 Touareg TDI (sold back, May 2018); 2015 Golf TDI S (totaled, Oct 2018)
Mythdoc is offline   Reply With Quote