Multiple Warning Lights Illuminated

afmeyer9

TDI
2010 JSW, 6-speed 2002 Jetta GLS 5-speed
On starting the engine, multiple warning lights stayed on. These included cruise, glow plug, ABS, and more. Also, the info display between the speedo and tach was off. I stopped the engine restarted it and fewer warning lights remained on this time. I got my OBD2 scanner (not a VCDS) and there were no codes. After disconnecting the scanner, I restarted the engine and everything was back to normal.
Anyone have any ideas? I'm glad my JSW is not an airplane.

opasno

TDI
2010 JSW TDI
I have had the same issue. When I start bunch of lights on, MFD display was off.. Happened to me twice. Can't reproduce this. Even the press brake to shift out of park was lit, and my jetta is manual.

I found that if I turn off the car and leave it for about a minute, the lights will go out and everything starts to work properly again.

Jett-i

TDI
I've been having this same issue the last week or so, I receive the Steering System, Airbag, ABS, ESP/ASR and Tire Pressure Monitoring. They stay on sometime for a 50 mile drive to work and sometimes they clear within a few minutes.
I have noticed my battery seems to be a little weak on initial starts in the mornings but it does start.

ytjetta

TDI
2014 Jetta SportWagen TDI DSG
This also happened to me once, although in a volvo 850 wagen, and it turned out to be the alternator which was generating lower voltage. i changed the regulator at first but then it was due to loose belt.
ytjetta

I've been having this same issue the last week or so, I receive the Steering System, Airbag, ABS, ESP/ASR and Tire Pressure Monitoring. They stay on sometime for a 50 mile drive to work and sometimes they clear within a few minutes.
I have noticed my battery seems to be a little weak on initial starts in the mornings but it does start.