How to get to parking brake wire???

CDubber

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta SportWagen TDI
I’m installing a Pioneer CarPlay unit in my “new” 2013 Sportwagen. Everything is working correctly except for some of the settings menus which are grayed out, presumably because I have not yet connected the hand brake wire. Problem is, I can’t figure out how to get to it. Any ideas?

Iko

TDI
MK6 hatch / MK7 GSW
No need to go to the HB switch. Find out whether you have + or - at the brake- look for diagram and then by pass behind the unit with the same. I remember my Pioner a while back needed - to by pass the HB.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

CDubber

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta SportWagen TDI
No need to go to the HB switch. Find out whether you have + or - at the brake- look for diagram and then by pass behind the unit with the same. I remember my Pioner a while back needed - to by pass the HB.

Sorry to be dense, but can you explain in more detail?

Iko

TDI
MK6 hatch / MK7 GSW
Sorry to be dense, but can you explain in more detail?
Parking brake is ground. Find the terminal on the new head unit that should be connected to the HB and have it grounded. This should by pass the HB.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Eleanor

Just finished putting in a carplay pioneer in my 2012, the Pioneer needs to see a pulse on the HB wire (light green), so you have to put switch in, one side to ground and the other side to the light green wire then you just turn switch to off then on again to fool the system. The other option is to buy a PAC TR7 relay which will automatically do this for you everytime you turn the radio on.