FS NY 2010 CR Sedan TDI 6 speed Manual

hughesjasonk

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta MK4;
Hope you sit on it awhile after that price bump.
I hope that you stub your toe and bleed all over the place for awhile. ....

Thank you for the bump cheers!

To everybody else.... Happy Sunday! i hope your day is going well!

hughesjasonk

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta MK4;
Hope you sit on it awhile after that price bump.
Now that I am on a computer and not trying to type on a phone....

I was at the dealer talking with them and going through the motions of getting a Dodge Journey. They were actually giving me close to 10k-ish for payoff plus 3K plus rebates. I wanted to keep the car in the "TDI Family" because I have put alot of love time and effort into this car and I wanted it to go to someone that would appreciate it as much as I did. So I dropped the price to payoff because they were giving me an extra 3K regardless if I traded in the car or not. When it came to it I chose to implement a different plan and I passed on the Journey and decided to keep the car for a little while longer because I really want this car to stay in the TDI Family.

So as you're being the person you are and JUST looking at the price bouncing up and down; do me and everyone else a favor.... Take your shoes off, put theirs on, and walk in them for "awhile" and possible understand their point of view and reasoning for the decisions that they make....

LowlyOilBurner

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW TDi
Why aren't any of these CR cars selling? It seems like there are quite a few on here, and none of them have moved. Can't wait to try to sell my 11 JSW in a couple months....

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Why aren't any of these CR cars selling? It seems like there are quite a few on here, and none of them have moved. Can't wait to try to sell my 11 JSW in a couple months....

Because they aren't worth as much as the sellers think they are.

Also, demand isn't as high as it was when fuel prices were higher. When gas was $4/gallon, people were tripping over one another to buy high MPG cars.

hughesjasonk

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta MK4;
So the Car now has around 115K miles on it. @110K miles It has a brand new Metalman Parts timing belt that was installed from the dealer. When I got the timing belt done I had the The DPF and EGR Filter swapped out to include an oil change with filter and a new fuel filter. The DPF now has around 6K miles on it. There is also brand new front brakes with a brand new DSFR Caliper and the rear brakes have around 15K on them. If it's a deciding factor I can reactivate the satellite radio and you will have roughly 11months of use. As it stands right now I will be getting at least 13k for my buyback. I am selling it for 14K Private Party with all of the extras. Let me know if you are interested. The car will be available in September.

Last edited:

newbeetleman

Veteran Member
TDI
none
So let me get this straight, the dealer was going to give you a hell of a deal but you passed? Then, you went from 10ish to 14ish? I don't think I have ever seen a seller raise his price before.. that is a new one on me.

scrambld

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta...TDI/5spd :) >>>now a '15 Passat TDI/DSG
I got another recall letter and it will go into the dealer for that this weekend.
Take the VW deal.......seriously...going from $10K something back to $14Kish......is not good. You've probably lost any gains you've (?) made here.....

hughesjasonk

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta MK4;
So let me get this straight, the dealer was going to give you a hell of a deal but you passed? Then, you went from 10ish to 14ish? I don't think I have ever seen a seller raise his price before.. that is a new one on me.
Take the VW deal.......seriously...going from $10K something back to $14Kish......is not good. You've probably lost any gains you've (?) made here.....
I realize reading is a lost art so I will break it down purple dinosaur style.

I will be getting rid of the Car one way or another in Sep. I have ordered its replacement already with a delivery date. So I'm going to take all of my extras off prior to turn in and do private sales on the extras. It has around $1000 dollars in extras and $2200 in maintenance that you don't have to worry about for another 110K. The original plan was to keep it but I'm not going to. the buy back is too good.

If someone wants to grab it and do the "Fix"; it will be available for 14K in September with everything that I have for it to include Bentley manuals and any tools that I have for the thing.