FS: 2006 Jetta TDI Package 2 Full Option , Very NICE

Thermo1223

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Jetta 5M-'04 JW A5
Pet peeve really as the car sounds great but considering washing the engine bay. A clean engine stands out a lot better. GL

Wurzberger

TDI
05.5 Jetta 5spd Package 2
Just a quick question, is all that wood trim stock or aftermarket?

newbeetleman

Veteran Member
TDI
none
My offer was serious, and isn't that much different than you current price... not much different at all.

newbeetleman

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Reply to your PM, I accept offer .

PM replied to. I need to check with my wife. She isn't happy about me going so far away. I didn't figure she would care, but as of right now she isn't happy. Let me keep working on her.

Let me add, I want this car. This was not a joke, but if I can't convince her to go this far away then I will have to pass.

This is exactly what I am looking for!

Last edited:

newbeetleman

Veteran Member
TDI
none
I had to back out due to some family issues. I won't be able to buy his car after all.

Sorry jetta ,97, I really am. You were ready to do whatever it took to make the sale happen and acceptable to both.

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
I still have this car for sale. I was going to keep it but I went different route.
If anyone interested let me know.
It is really nice car and someone will very happy with it.

I am open to offers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deming

Veteran Member
TDI
(2) 2005 TDI Passat Wagons
Jetta TDI

Jetta, 97 has nice cars and he does pretty good work keeping them fixed up and repaired properly. He is a good guy. I would buy a pre-owned car from him. He is not selling clapped out project cars that needs tons of work.

Here is my take:
This is a specialty type car and older TDI's are often hard to find.
Its a free country, so you can buy a car from whomever you wish.
There are plenty of dealers and plenty of cars for sale nationwide.

Somebody buying a 10 year old TDI buys one, because that is the car they really want to buy. Same reason some people like the older 240 Volvos and the FJ40's. Book values do not apply to older specialty type vehicles !
What is the KBB on a 1979 FJ40 with 10,542 original miles from the original owner ? How many of those roll through the auction chute.

The Black Book, NADA and KBB are only market value guides. NADA and KBB also has two versions of this book (retail- YOU) and (Wholesale- Dealership). These are NOT (set in stone prices )- they ARE market averages based on what these cars are bringing at the ten largest car auctions in North America. Mannheim is one of the largest auction houses in the country. Most of the cars rolling thru the Mannheim dealer only auction chutes are no more than 5 years old, with the greater percentage being "off lease" vehicles. Most leases are either 24 or 36 month terms. Not too many 8-10 year old TDI's rolling thru the auction chutes these days.

I have seen dealers spend "off the chart" prices at auctions as well.
Typically, for "trendy" specialty vehicles or seasonal type vehicles.
Examples: New body style "off lease" Tahoe's, Suburban's, Impala LTZ's, Corvettes, new body Mustangs, Dodge Challengers and
HD Diesel crew cab trucks are pretty good examples.

Jetta 97, is not taking his car to the auction and he is not taking it to a dealership to trade.
He is however offering an older TDI to the TDI enthusiast community, here on the TDIclub.

I agree with VeeDubTDI --- If you do not like his price -- Move On.

Last edited:

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
I feel your pain. These are selling on craigslist for 5 or 6k. I didnt get a single bite on my BRM ad.