My 1996 B4V for sale

96B4V

TDI
96 B4V
Here is the info copy and pasted from the CL ad, please see ad for pictures:
http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/cto/4947982310.html

Very rare, one of 90 original 1Z TDI wagons sold in Canada. 409,000 km. 5 speed manual that shifts buttery smooth, strong clutch. Torquey 1.9L 1Z TDI engine. PW PL, cruise, AC, leg room and cargo room for days! Fresh timing belt at 397,000 and in the past 6 months has had these repairs done:

Timing belt and tensioner
Serp and fan belts
Roof Rack cross bars (Not OEM)
Radiator
All 4 door handles
Drivers side window motor and regulator
Front pads and rotors
Rear calipers
Rear hatch struts
Brake lines
Ebrake handle
Oil cooler ring and gasket
Cleaned intake manifold
Interstate Battery
Oil change and filter - just last week
Fuel tank mod - holds 100L. I get 1400km in the city to a tank, and 1600 on the highway with wife, 2 kids and a dog. THESE NUMBERS ARE NOT TYPOS. With some fine tuning and hyper miling, these wagons are known to get up to 1800km per tank on the highway. They are not as efficient at the MK4 ALH's, but the enormous leg room in the back row and trunk, along with the weight/sturdiness off the vehicle, 5.7L/100km is pretty impressive!!!

There is a small bit of rust (surface rust) and body blemishes (408,000km worth).

The only reason, I repeat the ONLY REASON I am selling this wagon is because I am buying a newer B5 TDI wagon for work as required. This car is a gem and a hypermiling weapon.

Comes with an extra rear wiper motor and regulator (unless I install it before it sells) and most of the parts for foglight conversion (need screw plugs).

I love this car to death, and I mean LOVE IT. We just drove to Fernie and back on the weekend. We filled up in Abbotsford on the way and made it there on half a tank (867KM to 50L = 5.7L/100km). And that was with a dog kennel and roof top bag full of luggage, 2 kids in the back seat, a dog in the back and the wife and I in the front. This thing is unreal. It is not perfect, but is on its way to being perfect. Comes with 14 inch steelies with hubcaps with 85% tread. Optional winters on rims are available but they are 2 different sizes (that's another story).

You can call or email me about the car.