www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old September 2nd, 2019, 11:28   #76
TGOLF
Veteran Member

So I Bought from VW dealer, a 2014 sport wagon Blk/tan leather interior, DSG, and that HUGE sunroof with 17K miles. $14.3K.
The 4 door golf, no sunroof, we went to retest drive sold a couple hours before we got there. Had been on the lot for a couple of months were asking $14.5 i was surprised. I was going for $13.5 offer...
After looking at over a dozen or so cars from non VW dealerships and Independents. It was clear that non VW dealership's were not prepped well, not willing to address service issues I was going to required for purchase and warranty issues. In fact one dealership wasn't interested in addressing anything more than what they had done to the car. one place said they tested the battery and it was OK! Some cars even after a detail still looked like they had been sitting for years...

So what I got for the 2014 wagon $14.3 (17k) vs. 2013 Golf asking $14.5 (19K) no sunroof, no leather, aka Basic. Was a Full extended warranty, new tires, new windshield (very small chip),DSG service, oil, brakes lines, coolant, detailed to my specs and a small dent repair. Plus whatever their million points checklist is... While that is being completed gave us a new loaner, 2019 gasser.
It was more than I wanted to pay, but the more I looked, did as well as comfortable with. The service and possible followup issues and a great warranty I think from VW.

FYI-In my area there are dealerships advertising cars they've bought, but not even on their lots yet...Looked at few that were literally just off the truck!
*Almost forgot this car was one owner northern California inland car. I purchased NW Washington dealer.

Last edited by TGOLF; September 2nd, 2019 at 11:33. Reason: wrong numbers
TGOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2019, 06:52   #77
vdubwannab
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2002 Golf
Fuel Economy: 42-46 MPG

What would you guys pay for a 2015 GSW 6MT SEL with less than 20k miles?
vdubwannab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2019, 07:22   #78
IndigoBlueWagon
TDIClub Enthusiast
Principal IDParts
Vendor
w/Business number

Fuel Economy: 50/45/37

That's a rare car, but it depends on condition and how long it's been sitting. If it's perfect or close I'd go high teens, and go down from there if it's not cosmetically perfect or if it suffers from potential issues due to sitting for a year plus (assuming it was).
Old September 10th, 2019, 08:44   #79
vdubwannab
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoBlueWagon View Post
That's a rare car, but it depends on condition and how long it's been sitting. If it's perfect or close I'd go high teens, and go down from there if it's not cosmetically perfect or if it suffers from potential issues due to sitting for a year plus (assuming it was).

Yeah rare I know. Dealer is asking $23k. Way too high IMO. It’s out of state but pictures look like it’s in pristine shape. Has been sitting since the buyback and also not CPO. I’d have to sell my Golf private party - they’d only give me 12k trade in.

I wish I would have just waited to get one. I’d probably lose too much doing this so I most likely won’t.
Old September 11th, 2019, 09:47   #80
Joe Romas
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 48.1 mpg bringing it home

I bought my 2014 JSW with 13k miles with CPO last week from Hall Imports in Milwaukee Wisconsin after shopping online for a month. It's as nice of a car that anyone could ask for originally from NC and stored somewhere where the soil is red. Black, not my first choice color, DSG, heated leatherette seats and a RCD 510 Premium radio and with CPO you get three months Sirius trial. Radio has a 6 CD changer, SD memory card slot and backup camera.
Salesman Eric was super, car cost $15,991 plus $299 doc fee.
They were unloading another truck load of them when I was there and they must of had 30 to 40 tdi's.
Got 48.1 indicated MPG on the 400+ mile drive back to Ohio. Been getting high 30's around town.

Last edited by Joe Romas; September 11th, 2019 at 09:54.
Joe Romas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2019, 10:29   #81
vdubwannab
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Romas View Post
I bought my 2014 JSW with 13k miles with CPO last week from Hall Imports in Milwaukee Wisconsin after shopping online for a month. It's as nice of a car that anyone could ask for originally from NC and stored somewhere where the soil is red. Black, not my first choice color, DSG, heated leatherette seats and a RCD 510 Premium radio and with CPO you get three months Sirius trial. Radio has a 6 CD changer, SD memory card slot and backup camera.
Salesman Eric was super, car cost $15,991 plus $299 doc fee.
They were unloading another truck load of them when I was there and they must of had 30 to 40 tdi's.
Got 48.1 indicated MPG on the 400+ mile drive back to Ohio. Been getting high 30's around town.

Sorry you had to deal with them. Sounds like you had a decent experience but they were so full of themselves when I was there. I live in Wisconsin so they were my first stop, but not my last. The one I was looking at there was over $1500 more than the one I bought. After they told me there was no wiggle room, we got up to leave and they came down $1000 instantly. We still left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old September 14th, 2019, 18:56   #82
Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubwannab View Post
What would you guys pay for a 2015 GSW 6MT SEL with less than 20k miles?
I keep my eye on 2015 TDIs on Seattle Craigslist to make sure I always owe less than mine would go for. I see those come and go when they are under $19k. They stay posted when the price is higher. A few months ago there was a bunch of manuals. There's only one wagon with 13,000 miles right now for $18k, but I think it is DSG.
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2019, 22:00   #83
billgilland

Bought a 2014 Jetta Sportwagen CPO with 40K. Cost me 14K out the door.
billgilland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2019, 09:45   #84
batch1978

Default 2013 Passat SEL TDI

Hello I just purchased my certified preowned 2013 Passat with 34,000 miles for $12,900 Less than 36 hours later 60 miles driven i’m already driving a loaner because I noticed an oil leak on my garage floor. Took it back to the dealer fairly pissed off to discover the rear main seal was trash they’re replacing for free and waived the $50 deductible.
batch1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2019, 12:16   #85
hot dog stu

TDI(s): 2012 JSW

2012 JSW with Pano roof, non gps. Non CPO
35k miles for under 9k.
Only problem is the sun screen in missing.
hot dog stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2019, 16:53   #86
oxbowfarm

TDI(s): 2014 JSW
Default 2014 jsw dsg 68k

No sunroof. $8,600. Like new inside and out. Per the CARFAX it was only on the road for 2 years and 3 months so whoever had it did some serious driving.
This is my first VW. Hoping it will not come back to bite me but I have owned five BMWs so it can't be but so bad - right? For the price it is hard to beat the combination of ride, handling function and mileage. Averaging 39.8 MPG with no highway driving to speak of. On the highway around 46MPG.
oxbowfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2019, 09:27   #87
TDILeo
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 33 in town/54 road trip

Quite a number of TDIs available in the Portland/Seattle markets, private party and dealer. I often wonder what my buyback super low mileage 2011 Golf sold for and where. I know it received the 'fix' but I lost track of it.
TDILeo is offline   Reply With Quote