Adding OBC info on cluster display

TOM69Z

TDI
2002 Jetta Tdi
My car did not come with the multi function display on the cluster to show real time miles per gallon etc. and there is no buttons on the windshield wiper stalk to change the display or reset it , can this be added? If so, what would be involved ?

Thanks.

bobbiemartin

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Tiguan TDI 4Motion, Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD
My car did not come with the multi function display on the cluster to show real time miles per gallon etc. and there is no buttons on the windshield wiper stalk to change the display or reset it , can this be added? If so, what would be involved ?

Thanks.
Do a search for MFA and FIS. There are a number of threads on it. It's basically changing out the cluster (there are 2 basic types, full and half height displays), the wiper stalk and some rewiring. You will need to adapt the cluster and a few other things; a VCDS or something similar is required. I've had several and the MPG and miles to empty are not terribly accurate. With a full height cluster it will show which door is open and a few other things. I think it's a worthwhile swap, but probably not only if you want the MPG readout.

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
This may not be the answer you are looking for, but a Blue tooth OBDII adapter and the Torque Pro app will provide that for you.

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
Or mount a ScanGauge on the steering column.
Yeah, it's not as "cool", but provides most of the MFA info and lots that it doesn't. Plus scan/read/clear codes on the fly as well as great trip computer.

TOM69Z

TDI
2002 Jetta Tdi
Thanks very much for the variety of replies
I really love this forum!