3.0L Cr tuning

ErlingK

TDI
Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 BiTdi 313ps
Hi, a buddy of mine has the new A4 quattro with 3.0l cr engine. He has been inspired from some of my projects. The first thing he did was to get a new intercooler. And now he wants a new turbo, new exhaust and remap. So we have some questions. Is there any larger turbos than the 2260 that he should go for, or could he make custom manifolds and mount two turbos like on the v8 4,2l tdi. And feed them the Same signal. The new cr diesels come with a particle filter and a temp sensor on the exhaust. When going for a new exhaust with no cat and no particle filter, is it possible to remove the temp sensor and its function in the programming?

cog

Veteran Member
TDI
98 GT.TDI 11O
the 3.0l audi a5 quattro is a great car and is on my list to be my next car in a couple of years when the mortgage is paid . the only problem is it seems there isnt really any biger turbos that will fit in the engine bay as far as im aware , depending on what model it is . the latest model wil re-map to around 290bhp but because of the mited space in the engine bay twin turbos maybe out of the question completely , they was another thread on these engines about a month back. maybe someone can dig it out for you

Last edited:

im570rm

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi quattro
which version of 3.0 cr?204/225/233/240?Many vnts are larger then 2260vk but the main problem is that there is not enough room there.Just remove the dpf from software and leave the sensor on the exhaust,it won;t bother you.

ErlingK

TDI
Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 BiTdi 313ps
It is the 240ps version. Yes, it has a tight engine bay :-(
But what would be the next step for a turbo?

im570rm

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi quattro
you could try GT2563VK ,can find it on toyota trucks or hino trucks .I know there some gt30v ,37v and so on but i don't know on which cars/trucks you can find it.

ArturCosta

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 Avant 1996 Silver
What power are you aiming for? You can get to nearly 300hp with a remap... not with the best reliability but fast :p