Indy GTG 04/13/13

wiltech

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Beetle
Indy GTG 04/20/13

Due to a scheduling conflict, i'll need to reschedule this to 04/20

I'm going to host an get together for Indy TDI'rs, only catch is I'm up in Lafayette, so it's about an hour up I-65 for those that want to come.

I've got plenty of parking, at least 2 open bays in the pole barn, ramps, floor jacks, and a decent collection of tools. (no fancy lift like DCELL has :( )

Amenities include: grille, fridge, coolers, fire pit, wi-fi, etc. etc.

Who's interested and what would you be willing to bring as a carry-in?

Here's a google map to the location.

Thanks
Tony W

Last edited:

wiltech

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Beetle
I'll have the grille, burgers, buns and ice.... and whatever else is needed

Attendee List:
Curious Chris - #?
- grillable meet for about 6
- chips
- flying dog IPA

251 - 1?
- chips
- Pop

DCELL - 1 or 3

Countryboy07

Last edited:

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
I'm in. We'll bring grillable meat for about 6, chips, maybe beans or something. And flying dog IPA of course.

And my Georgia Peach will be with me as she is my designated driver.

Last edited:

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Should be able to make it since it's on Saturday! :)

How about I bring some soda pop and chips? Would 24 cans / 2 big bags be enough?

Might even bring DCELL's folding chair with me which I still have when he left it at a GTG we were both at - LOL! ;)

BTW no work planned for me - coming just to socialize I think...

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 GOLF 2DR, ‘15 Passat SEL TDI
You can put me on the list, provided that our schedules work out. Perhaps with wife and kid in tow.
I need to be in Lafayette for a wedding reception that day anyway, I just don't know the details yet. It's just a party/reception though, so I assume it'll be an evening thing.

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
yep. I like 100% too. Although I cant really be getting dirty because we have a wedding party to go to afterwards, I'd help as much as possible!

fyrsail

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 DSG golf- wife stole it
count me in, just remind me just before it

I will come up, This sound s like a great day of fun, I will bring VAG-com, some tools, some others who refuse to post on here but seem to lurck- yes this means you. and something you guys tell me to bring to share so figure out what ya'll really want.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Tony - am coming alone so it's only a party of '1' attending. Sending you a PM as well.

Robert

concord206

TDI
jetta 06, Beetle 06
Sorry I was slacking! You can plan on me coming and perhaps bring the new TDI ( to me at least). Looks like the list is well covered so I will bring something sweet and a craft beer 6 pack that strikes my fancy.

wiltech

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Beetle
Reschedule ?

Well, our daughters qualified for a diving meet for that afternoon as well.

I'm either going to have to reschedule the GTG to the following weekend 04/20 (no funny business) or cancel it.

I'm going to request a mod change the post title to reflect...

Thanks
Tony W

wiltech

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Beetle
I'm usually up at the barns all weekend long working on one project or another...

I figure we'd fire up the grille around 1:00 or so...

fyrsail

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 DSG golf- wife stole it
i will be there

looks like i can make it after all , what to bring is the big question, and i will be plus 1

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Sorry to hear about the creek rising and the associated flooding! Appreciate the notice the GTG is canceled. Will try to make it if you reschedule it and I'm not already booked. Best of luck with your flood cleanup - know you'd rather host a GTG than do that!

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
sorry to hear that...
We are bailing out in my neighborhood as well. We were spared the worst but lots of roads are closed and others around here are bailing out. Let me know if you want/ need help, I'll be around!

wiltech

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Beetle
Thanks for the offers for help, there's not much I can do until the water goes down...

If anyone's around Lafayette and wants to hang out, i'll still be up at the pole barn most of the day working around there.

Thanks
Tony W
765-299-8669

Convincent

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon - Auto
Hey Indy Guys!
I just bought a 2003 Jetta Wagon! I'm loving it, and would love to meet some other TDIers in the Indy area (I'm on the south side of Indy, near southport).
I've never had a diesel before, but so far I'm liking it. Let me know if you re-schedule a get together.

Jogglebot

TDI
MK6 TDI
I'll peek in again on occasion and see if this gets rescheduled. The car is still under warranty and maintenance, so no work for me. Wouldn't mind prodding a few brains though on the keep-uppity of a diesel.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
Oh screw the warranty and have fun with your car. Get it chipped and know some real power.

I drive by Southport every day on the way to work getting 50mpg.