2014 Beetle w/Premium

kingbri1

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
So I finally traded in the 2010 Jetta TDI for a 2014 Beetle w/ the premium package. I've wanted one forever and finally pulled the trigger.

So far the car itself is fabulous but... the seat is the most uncomfortable I've ever been in. I've had 3 2010 Jettas and a 2006 an never had this problem. The left "bolster" on the seat bottom seems to have a hard structural piece inside that the cushion does not cushion. It puts a ton of direct pressure on my left thigh and puts my leg to sleep.

Very unfortunate, as I love the car. Gonna have to figure out how to remedy it with a seat cushion or something. I have a 45 minute commute each way and right now, it is unbearable.

On the plus side, it only has 6500 miles, and I finally got an RNS-510.. which I've always wanted...:)

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I also have the plain version with leatherette. Not really comfy but not bad either. I have the basic radio but also bought a RNS-315 to go in it. I had the 510 in my old Passat and didn't really care for it too much. Very slow to respond.

kingbri1

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Yes.. trim has the leather seats. I've been through a couple seat cushions. Most have been ..meh. The RNS-510 is slower then the premium 8 and the NAV is a pretty cumbersome. I can have an entry and directions ready on my phone before I even get through the first screen on the RNS. I have a love affair with the Sirius Seek though. Best stereo feature there is. 500 miles on the first tank. Overall, love the car, hate the seat. :)

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I Bluetooth my phone to the current radio which is the basic one in the car. I have an app for the station I listen to in Austin Texas and I usually pull it up and just stream music from there. As long as I have a phone connection to the cloud I have music. I used the 30-day streaming thing from Sirius and would never pay for that again. there are hassle to shut down and keep calling and calling and calling you until you're blue in the face telling them no.

kingbri1

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Guess I dont have that problem with Sirius because I would never tell them no! HA

Really struggling with this seat. Thought about swapping the Passenger and the Driver seats, since that would put the side of the seat without the hard support inside, on the left side. Unfortunately that would put the seat adjustments on right side...and I dont think they'd fit.

Anyone else feel that hard part in the seat right at the left outer butt/thigh area?