Wiper blades

haggis

TDI
Audi A3 2.0 tdi
I have just bought a set of bosch super plus wiper blades. one of the blades has a spoiler on it to keep it tensioned to the window at high speeds. the question i want to ask is does the spoiler go above the blade or below when fitting?

kasper

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat TDI spd manual
The wind "thingy" goes above the wiper. BTW, replacing the whole arm is expensive I found...there is no wear and tear on the metal and plastic parts ...only the actual rubber blade. I found a suitable replacement blade refill at Canadian Tire....for $5.99 to do both wipers. OK...they're not Bosch, but I insert them into my Bosch wiper arms/air deflector (which I admit are excellent) but the the savings of using a refill are worth it. The refill is the "narrow" one of the 3 types available. Don't know what is available in the USA, but if it's like "Cambodian " :rolleyes: Tire here, the refills are well hidden among the expensive "complete" wiper arms. You'll have to look for them if you want to go this route.
Cheers
Ted

kasper

Veteran Member
TDI
:eek: OOPS...you're in the UK...don't know where you could get a refill...I'll bet you paid a fortune for the Bosch wipers.
Ted

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
kasper said:
The wind "thingy" goes above the wiper.
:eek:

Mr. Haggis, the aerofoil is positioned below the wiper towards the base of the wind screen.

kasper

Veteran Member
TDI
Sorry Haggis...I peeked at my car outside and with the inch of snow that fell overnight,I saw it all wrong from a distance.. Too cold to go outside.

Dieseldorf got it right...I'll be more conscientious in my verfication in future.:eek:

Ted

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
kasper, it's kinda phunny, I've seen lots of cars with these installed upside-down :eek:

haggis

TDI
Audi A3 2.0 tdi
kasper said:
:eek: OOPS...you're in the UK...don't know where you could get a refill...I'll bet you paid a fortune for the Bosch wipers.
Ted
thanks all.

I paid £19.49 for the two sets with holders.(with a free pack of screenies worth£2.99. wheeeeee wheeeeee)..old set of holders were shot very noisy and not wiping correctly.

must admit though these new ones are very good