Impex Fest!! June 2 2012

gutts

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
brownies

Hey guys - take care of Peter for me! Wish I could be there but I have a sick kitty here that needs some nursing care. Spare me the kitty jokes this time, pls...:(
If there are tee shirts this year, make sure Peter brings me one!
Thanks and have fun guys!
Oh, and there will be NO test drives of MY Golf!!;):D
unless Jeff wants to play...:D
Please send down more brownies please.
:)

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Hey guys - take care of Peter for me! Wish I could be there but I have a sick kitty here that needs some nursing care. Spare me the kitty jokes this time, pls...:(
If there are tee shirts this year, make sure Peter brings me one!
Thanks and have fun guys!
Oh, and there will be NO test drives of MY Golf!!;):D
unless Jeff wants to play...:D
MMM Sick Pussy! OMG I took good care of Petey......Left a pretty good size dent on the hood of the Golf though!! :eek::D:p

Last edited:

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
MMM Sick Pussy! OMG I took good of Petey......Left a pretty good size dent on the hood of the Golf though!! :eek::D:p

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww............my car (and my hubby) ... SOILED!:(

Missed seeing you guys today....where are the pics???

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Had a great time despite the light turnout... couldn't have asked for nicer weather!

Julie, the brownies were awesome! and Peter got you a shirt - they look great this year.

I only got a few pics because I was manning the grill for most of the day... mmm.

I got to drive the Passat today (yay!) and it got 48.6 MPG on the trip up (70 mph with a couple miles of traffic on the BW Pkwy) and 52 (!) MPG on the trip back home (50-65 mph with very heavy traffic for 7 miles on the beltway). Very impressive

OilBurnerDE

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat T-Red
Hey, want to thank you for your Grill Work!. I had the second burger off the grill, chudzikb snagged the first. Very tasty!

Thanks to John for hosting another year!
And to Tomo (DOM) for running point again. Hopefully I wil have some form of TDI with me next year.

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Titanium Beige six speed manual & Jetta, 1999.5, Tornado Red
Agreed, the weather was great. The turnout was so light that I actually took half of the German potato salad home with me! Usually it is gone well before I leave.

Many thanks to Paramedick for his guidance in getting my starter swapped. It has certainly made a major difference in starting for my Jetta and with proper supervision and a lift it was not a bad job to do.

Thanks also to Jeff the RocketChip man for tweaking my base chip from manual to auto to avoid the known bad fueling map as a temporary measure. It seems to be running fine, but I found out that I need to take care to disengage the cruise control before changing gears with this setting as the clutch switch is not surprisingly ignored now! I will reconsider my options after Oliver takes care of my exhaust leak, alternator and other issues.

It was good to see everyone that did make it. Hopefully next year will be better attended.

Dave

Last edited:

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Lawson,

Thank you for bringing those awesome burgers. It was a great day and nice event. Don't worry about the numbers, guys remember this started out with just a few people.

It was great to see old friends and familiar faces. The fact that this event keeps happening is what is important.

TheCityGame

TDI
Golf 2011
Hey -- I came out briefly (and late), but that was pretty interesting to me. I don't know **** about cars, but I love my TDI, and I actually got a nice introduction to what's under the hood from a couple of guys. Might be just what I need to start getting my hands dirty.

I really liked the blue "BORA" (is that car from Baltimore? It seems like I've seen it.) Liked the orange pick-up, and 1854Sailor's beemer-killing Passat.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Made it home 6.5 hrs. This one was light in the turn out department BUT it was really great to have the time to chat and relax a bit. Good to see many newer cars too.

Tomo great effort.. Jon for a new parking lot... And GREAT weather too.

CHEF Lawson grill master...

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Don't worry about the numbers, guys remember this started out with just a few people.

It was great to see old friends and familiar faces. The fact that this event keeps happening is what is important.
Well said...same goes for the Fest... I hope we were able to twist a few arms into registering!:cool:

I really wish I could have been there - I do miss seeing you guys and Impex is my favorite GTG to travel for. Great venue, great hosts. I look forward to seeing John & the gang next year!

P.S. - Love this year's shirt!

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
This was only my second Impex Fest, so my history is short, but it seemed, to me that there were at least as many folks there as last year. Anyway, I had a great time. Big thanks to John for opening the place up for us on a Saturday.

Support your LOCAL parts store!

BrentRN

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have many. Now a Golf TSI.
I was an IMPEX fest virgin. I enjoyed my first time and look forward to attending again. Lots of fun meeting my fellow soot enthusiasts. Thanks to all who did so much work in making the day a success.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
This was only my second Impex Fest, so my history is short, but it seemed, to me that there were at least as many folks there as last year. Anyway, I had a great time. Big thanks to John for opening the place up for us on a Saturday.

Support your LOCAL parts store!
A big thanks to John Simick and his staff for World Impex Fest # 11 and I have attended every one!! It was a great day for a GTG!
I don't mind slightly attended GTG's!
The thing that bothers me about this one is that more folks came from great distances than came from Close by......This is the biggest and usually only GTG in MD every year you had your chance folks......:eek:

Digital4n6

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi A8L TDI
Great to meet everyone, some familiar faces from last year's event.

Sorry my Jetta was still up on blocks so I brought out the little red car (65 Spyder) instead. Finished up the exhaust on the Jetta, sounds great! Definitely more "zippy"!

BRUSSELS BELGIAN

Old Whig
TDI
1997 Passat TDI
Just Missed You

I was told I missed Peter V by maybe 20 minutes. So, I stopped in the Maryland and Chesapeake Houses hoping Peter would stop for a coffee and I'd be able to catch up to him. After two "fails," I gave up the pursuit...I was putting a big strain on my 97 Passat. Heck, I think I was going 67 miles per hour!:eek:

gutts

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
Hello
The burgers were great. Lots of nice people. I want to thank everyone for a great day.
Peter, 6.5 hours to New Hampshire ? REALLY ? No tickets ? Brussels Belgian could not even catch you, imagine that !!

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Sorry for the late post. Home Sunday night at 8 PM after a 1030 AM start.

Great time as always. Nice to see all the old faces, and a few new ones.

Played with a few cars. Learned to work the lift. Had a couple of Brats (thanks Lawson!!). Able to pick up some needed parts stock.

Thanks to John for hosting and Tom for coordinating.

Sorry we slipped away at 2:30 PM. However, the Smithsonian hanger at Dulles airport was worth it!!! Was able to be acquainted with some new aircraft, and saw a lot of old friends.....:) Afterward, hit downtown DC and drove by some of the memorials. Hit the Hard Rock for dinner, and back to the hotel.

Eric appeared to enjoy himself, too.

Bruce

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Bruce, did they have the space shuttle inside yet? Glad you got to go out and do some more DC exploring!

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta 2001 Died by Truck one snowy day. Jetta 2003
I was told I missed Peter V by maybe 20 minutes. So, I stopped in the Maryland and Chesapeake Houses hoping Peter would stop for a coffee and I'd be able to catch up to him. After two "fails," I gave up the pursuit...I was putting a big strain on my 97 Passat. Heck, I think I was going 67 miles per hour!:eek:
He left home in NH at 0330 Saturday morning spent a few hours there then headed back up 95 to home. dedicated to the core. Before he got married to Julie he would drive a 1000 miles to a GTG almost every weekend. I believe he hold the record for GTG's attended. I could not make it this year due to all the flooding up this way , 1st one but there is always next year. I have not seen this much rain this late in the spring in many years. More then enough to make up for nothing the past winter.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
It was a nice time great weather.There was a nice turn out.

Kombifahrer

TDI
03 Jetta Wagon
For years there was a ME262 at the museum adjacent to the Willow Grove Naval Air base near here. It seems to no longer be there.

Sorry I missed Impexfest 2012. Is it just me or is it true that May/June are crazy busy months?

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Indeed, and it's awesome!! Only disappointment for us both was the lack of a Me262.

The Me262 are at the National Air and Space museum in DC.

Last edited: