Utah Members

egibbys

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Jetta TDI GLS
Utah has been really quiet for a while. Let's see who is out there and maybe we can have a little GTG or something.
I'll introduce myself. My name is Eric. I drive a 99.5 Jetta TDI with a few quite a few simple mods. I'm in Salt Lake City near the UofU.

Last edited:

Jacob G

Veteran Member
TDI
04 TDI Golf, 83 Rabbit TDI, 07 Dodge Ram 6.7 Cummins, 85 Golf 1.6
Yeah woot!!! For Utah!!! i havent been on here in sooo long....! its about time we woke up and had a spring gtg! i've been hibernating all winter...

My name is Jake... college student....live up north by hill afb. i drive a 02 golf with 177000+ miles on it still runnin like a champ.. just in search of a clutch upgrade...

Hobhancock

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 TDI Platinum grey 5 speed
I will jump on. I am Kelly, live in South Utah County (Salem). Have two Jettas, my daily driver is 2002 TDI with 182,000 miles. ;)

rideage

TDI
jetta
Jim
Jetta
White
Moab

I sure am glad its spring, its been a long cold winter ,
the sun is shineing, and I am back to work after a bit of unemployment,
and and the ppl I talk to cant belive I get 40+ MPG :)

Russnut

Veteran Member
TDI
03' Jetta TDi
I'm Russ. I live up in Brigham City.

2003 Jetta gls, 249,500 miles. Mods in the signature.

I would love a gtg to happen. I have 3 day weekends so I could make it anytime.

Alcancia

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 2005 Passat wagon
Go Utah!

I'm Casey. Driving a 2000 Galactic Blue Jetta with 240K on the odo. I live in Clearfield. It looks like we could be neighbors Jacob. I haven't noticed you, and I've got the emblems off my car, so you probably haven't noticed me.

I'm currently a mechanical engineering student at the U, which usually negates what free time I would otherwise have. The Jetta is currently on stands while I look for a new transmission. Something let loose in the gearbox and popped a hole in the bell housing. Not pretty. Should have it back on the road in a week or two. Being a college student has killed the modification fund, so I'm running pretty stock right now. Big plans though. Someday, someday...

Definitely up for a GTG though. I have a timing belt on the to do list that would be great to get done then.

ahardy4

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
I'm Abram I've got a '02 white Jetta Wagon. About 180K and autotragic (still shifts OK). Planning on doing a 5 speed swap at some point in the future. Only mods are swapped in power seats (originals were hashed when I bought it), and put Bilstein TC Sports on front. I'm in Provo and would be up to a GTG sometime. I also have VCDS if anyone needs a scan.

Jacob G

Veteran Member
TDI
((Quote)I'm Casey. Driving a 2000 Galactic Blue Jetta with 240K on the odo. I live in Clearfield. It looks like we could be neighbors Jacob. I haven't noticed you, and I've got the emblems off my car, so you probably haven't noticed me.)

I believe we are! im actually residing in West Point. :) also i spend most of my time in salt lake for work... looks like you do too for school, anyway i have regretted not pointing my exhaust down after removing the muffler.... so if you see a white golf with soot all over the hatch, its me! hahaha :p

Also lets have a gtg! :D

Alcancia

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah, I actually grew up in Clinton. I spent most of my time hanging with friends that all seemed to live in West Point. That neighborhood between 300 and 800 N, just west of 2000.

I have seriously been thinking of a mufflerectomy, so I definitely want to hear how your car sounds. I doubt it will be the same though with my stocker compared to your VNT-17 with a tune. I may just have to get those upgrades as well... :rolleyes:

egibbys

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Jetta TDI GLS
9teen.5_to_1 said:
I have seriously been thinking of a mufflerectomy, so I definitely want to hear how your car sounds. I doubt it will be the same though with my stocker compared to your VNT-17 with a tune. I may just have to get those upgrades as well... :rolleyes:

I've got the stock turbo with a mufflerectomy. So if we all have a gtg you can see how it sounds. Jake is the one that talked me into doing it. I liked the way his sounded. My tip is pointing down though. :D

atrain85

TDI
1996 Passat TDI
Welcome to Utah

Hi Guys,
I'm coming down from the SF Bay Area to Salt Lake City this fall to attend the U of U for grad school. I have a 96 Passat B4 TDI and I've been active in the Bay Area TDI functions. I'm so glad that there's some TDI love in the SLC. I hope to stay in contact with you guys and hopefully we can get a GTG in the fall.
Are any of you going to TDI Fest 2010 in Portland this year http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=265065? It's the first time that TDI Fest is on the West Coast. I'd totally be down to doing a caravan ride up to the Pacific Northwest for the fest.

Alcancia

Veteran Member
TDI
cl2ysta1 said:
hey guys. I live down in cedar city, utah. Just traded in my 02 jetta tdi wagen with 160k on it for a 2010 jetta sportwagen tdi
Wow, zero fuel-ups on your fuelly.com, you really did JUST trade in you '02. Congrats on the 2010 though! You're making me pretty jealous.

So everyone is saying let's do a GTG, let's put it into action. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good date that most people would be able to attend? How about locations? I know one of my Weber State automotive department professors is currently working on an "alternative fuel" vehicle that I'm pretty sure was inspired by my bragging about the TDI. So I think he would have at least a moderate interest in a TDI GTG. Anyway, I may have to go visit him and see if he would open the shop at WSU for a Saturday. I can foresee insurance and liability issues, but they may have something in place for that. But shout out some places that you think might work.

egibbys

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Jetta TDI GLS
I'm not available for a GTG until after May 16th. I'll be on a roadtrip.

Being a college student and from St George I don't have any hookups in Salt Lake. Not much to offer from me. I love the idea of having a GTG up at Weber. If it was to work out that would be awesome. If we can't do and actual wrenching GTG then I'm down with just meeting at a park or going for a cruise.

Last edited:

passatpete

TDI
2005 Passat GLS TDI
TDI in Orem

Long time Passat owner. One year TDI owner. I have a 05 Passat with the BHW PD engine. Located in north Orem. I have Vag-Com (VCDS) with a Key/KII USB cable which I am glad to share with other VW owners. I also have the Bentley manuals on CD.

Last edited:

MTB_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf MT indigo blue pearl 4 dr & '15 Touareg TDI
My name is Matt and I live in Heber. I will have a hex-can Vag-Com cable soon as I just purchased an 06 Jetta after a 10 month hiatus of not having a TDI. I won't go there again! I am friends will Kelly from Salem, we have done some TBs together.

I'll be ready to do my TB in 9K miles.

Last edited by a moderator:

cbass94

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, 2011 JSW
Hey Guys,
I'm Brad and I'm in SLC by the U of U. I'll be looking to do a timing belt soon on my 2003 Jetta with 184,000 miles on it. I'd love a get together.

13mmwrench

TDI
tdi corrado and vrt corrado and 2000 golf tdi
hey everyone i'm up in north ogden and have only been driving my tdi conversion just over a month now but i would enjoy getting out to a meet and seeing what else is out there. and for anyone up in the area i have hex-com cable and work at a shop that is very tdi/vw friendly and i always enjoy meeting new vw owners in the area

Matt

beetleglstdi

TDI
1999 Beetle GLS TDI
I'll jump in too Clinton, UT, 1999 Beetle GLS TDI 229K on the clock. Although the Beetle is being grumpy now a days. :)

Jacob G

Veteran Member
TDI
lets just meet at sugarhouse park in salt lake, next saturday morning? it would be the 29th of may.. mingle then go on a cruise up parleys.. rather simple. after the cruise we can get some lunch.... i can put together the logistics of it all and post a map... anybody interested?

if we wanted to go further im sure we could bbq in the park (but i'd prefer a restaurant quick and easy haha) also i could see if Charlie can come from Kermatdi and do some tunes as well... let me know what you guys think...?

zuks90idi

Veteran Member
TDI
07 Dodge, 01 B5.5, 99.5 mk4 ALH, 04 Tourage
I would love to go but that Saturday I'm installing new flooring in the house.. Been planing on it for months now.

I'll keep watching for the date but next Sat is out for me.

Jacob G

Veteran Member
TDI
We can always push it out a bit further, like june sometime, allow time for people to plan... im just tryin to make it happen.

zuks90idi

Veteran Member
TDI
And I appreciate it for sure. If we could shoot for maybe the 12th or the 19th of June maybe..

Jacob G

Veteran Member
TDI
Lets shoot for the 19th of June.

If anybody has a shop or garage available for some wrenching let me know...

or we'll just do a mingle, cruise, and lunch that day. :)

TDiT04

TDI
04 GOLF
the 19th works for me. Jake do you need a garage for something, I think I owe you one, oh and you need to go for a ride just had charlie tune me up again 3bar map new maf and 25psi and 40 degrees of deration on injectors

zuks90idi

Veteran Member
TDI
I've got a shop in Pleasant Grove, maybe we could gather there and tinker if needed then head up Provo canyon, hit one of the little ma/pa burger joints and disperse from there maybe?

If Charlie would be willing to join us and maybe do a tune or two I may be game to get one at that point.

Jacob G

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas! yeah sounds like im gonna need to go for a ride! lol Sounds like the car is coming out quite nice haha also send me your cell number through pm..i think i misplaced it..when i switched phones.

And zuks....not sure of your name.. sorry.. anyway... that sounds like a great idea...will the 19th work for you?

I also contacted Charlie just waiting to hear back.

Last edited: