aux input

TDI
2011 JSW
I just purchased a 2006 jetta tdi with the in dash 6 disc changer and had my radio replaced today under warranty due to the buttons peeling. The radio that was in it before did not have the SAT option and instead had the MIX button. Is there a way to turn the SAT button into an aux input since my car has no sat tuner anyway and I'd rather have the aux input than a sat connection. I've done a lot of searching for someone that has done this but it seems most people that have the SAT option have the tuner and wouldn't be performing this task. I would just like to hook something into where the SAT connection is on the back of the head unit so when I press the SAT button I get my aux input instead. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

oldskool1963vw

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDi
have you looked at the web site...think its called blitz safe.com... or it could be enfig.com?? can't remember. It where I got my ipod adapter that plugs into the cd changer out let in the back of the radio. kind of the same thing you are doing. They might have something that will work for you

TDI
2011 JSW
I had intended on getting something like the blitzsafe part you are talking about when I was looking into the aux input before I had the new radio installed. Wasn't sure if it would be easier (cheaper) now that I had the sat input and could possibly just hook something into it.