Seeking technical help with MKV seat heating

brianstrange

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta DSG Auto Pkg 1
I'm repurposing a set of 2006 MKV seats with heat. They are going into a 1966 Bronco, so I'm looking to back up from a technology standpoint. Does anyone know if there's a simple way of wiring them, and making use of the heater controller? My plan B is to use a relay and create a series (Low) Parallel (High) circuit to give me some options. I'd also like to know what sensors I need to defeat to get the heating elements to work, and and suggestions on dealing with the bolster elements too. Thanks.

mextdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 1.9, 2012 Passat TDI SE DSG, Previous 2014 Beetle TDi, 2012 Golf TDi DSG
Would it be easier to just add some newer heating elements, adding one to the bottom cushion and one to the top cushion? That way you have absolute control on the heating pad operation and you don't have to bypass or wire in a cheater. If you install your own you install the switch and feed power to it as you please. That should be more feasible. New heating elements for seats are cheap, last time I looked they were $10 each, two per seat, two switches and some wiring and you should be golden.

Last time I did seat upholstery I used zip ties instead of hog rings. Much easier to install.