www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old October 9th, 2019, 15:14   #1
RedNATEr

TDI(s): 2013 JSW TDI
Default Seat Recline & Seat Heater not working 2013 JSW TDI

Hello, new tdiclub forum member here from the DFW area. Recently purchased a 2013 JSW TDI that sat for 3 years according to the carfax.
The only issue I'm having is that the seat recline switch and seat heater on the drivers side doesn't work. The passenger side seems to work fine. The seat is reclined a bit too far and it makes driving a bit uncomfortable.
I posted this on /r/tdi and a user there mentioned that I should check and re-check fuses, so I bought a test light and all fuses on the left side of the dash and under the hood seem to be working as expected.
I can't seem to find a decent fuse map that may tell me where the fuse for this is. I found some old tdiclub posts with old fuse panel images, but all the fuses seem to be OK. I think there may be another area under the dash with the seat fuses, but I can't seem to find the exact area to see if that's actually the case or not.
I did notice some green/blue flaky corrosion when I move the seat all the way back and remove the little flap of carpet where the electrical connections for the seat are. I've removed all the connections and sprayed contact cleaner there but that hasn't seemed to help. Maybe a previous owner spilled a drink or something? I see no signs of corrosion anywhere else on the car that I can tell.
I did ask the dealer about this but they want $300 just to diagnose it, which I may eventually do. I'm pretty handy, just new to electrical issues, so I thought I'd seek out advice on this before I take it in.
Thanks for any advice
Old October 10th, 2019, 12:57   #2
Joe Romas
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 48.1 mpg bringing it home

Almost everything works off of "modules" on these cars but I just looked at a VCDS printout showing the information of the modules in my new to me 2014 TDI JSW and any errors that maybe store. But I don't see anything specific to your seat problem but the heated seats may be part of the dashboard.
Since you have found corroded connectors you maybe on the right track and it may have leached up the wire(s). Here's information on the VW specific diagnostic tester from Ross Tech. If you do your own work it maybe worth it to you. https://www.ross-tech.com/

Joe
Joe Romas is offline   Reply With Quote