installing heated seats (wiring ?s)

carsaremytoys

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta TDI 5MT, 05 Passat wagon TDI 5MT
I've just about separated the heated seat wires. I have nearly all the wiring from a donor jetta.
I'm assuming the orange wires are ground? And I can tie them to nearly anything.
The Green with the blue stripe ties to a cluster of others as well as the black with the brown stripe. I'm trying not to pull the wiring harness out of my car and wish to only add the heated wires to it. Without digging too far, where is a good place to tie the green/blue stripe and black/brown stripe wires?
I've traced the red to the fuse box, how do I get it out and into the fuse box in the car? Is there a tool? The other side of the fuse (red wire in the box) ties to another cluster of red wires in the harness. Again, like the green/blue and black/brown, where is a good place to tie it in?

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
I just tied mine into the 75x terminal under the dash with a 20a fuse inline
they come on and go off with the key
simple as can be

I initially bothered with the stock multi position controller, but eventually just went with a toggle switch after I found out the temperature sensor in my particular seat was broken

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
Look for some of the heated seat retrofit threads. There is a lock that you need to release at the fuse box to remove/install additional terminals.