Highest odometer reading on TDI PD 150K or 200K ??

thermographer

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 2004 Wheat/Beige with Automatic Tiptronic, ESP
Re: Highest odometer reading on PD ??

I used about 6 or 7 tanks of B2, when working in East Arkansas. The first tank, more exhaust smoke than usual. After that, no smoke.

I don't use biodiesel because of availablity.
Sorry if this doesn't help.

05TDIPDHappy

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2005 Indigo Blue

Just coming up on 39K and One year of ownership.

I haven't done more than experiment with B-20 as my waranty hasn't expired yet. So for now I plan on sticking with D-2 until 50K.

No problems what so ever, granted she has never seen the pavement at the dealer since she rolled of the lot. I've done all the required maint. myself keeping within 100 miles of every required Oil/filter etc change. The car may only see the dealer when it is time for the TB, but I think by then I may find another TDI Club member with experience and work with them to get it done, so I can do the one at 200K, 300K, 400K.....

jrh

TDI
New Beetle 2004 Black

04 Beetle 70K Miles
EGR Cooler replaced at 68K. Part was $900.00
Have used B20 for about 20K of that.
Millage is better on D-2

DriverFoundNC

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW in Salsa Red; 2005 Golf in Indigo Blue
27,000 on an '04 Passat...fuel pump recall and it crapped the right front wheel bearing. Otherwise no real issues. Great car

supton

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta Wagon GLS
50.5k on the car, running B20 off and on. I checked, and it seems that I have run B20 for 20.8k miles, used a total of almost 100 gallons (well, there is the 15 gallons of B20 in the shed waiting to go into the car, but close enough). The first time I put in B20 was at the 2k mark too, so it's seen biodiesel its entire life.

I've only used B20 or D2, nothing else; last winter was mostly D2 (cost and availability issues).

Not quite a "won't-prevent-your-car-from-going-400kmiles" but it's not the "no-problems-in-10miles-so-it's-just-fine" type of response.

MDIESEL

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf GLS PD-TDI
'04 Golf about to turn two in December, will crack 70,000 miles in a day or two. One replaced wheel speed sensor (I beleive user induced, playing with the ESP in a snowy parking lot
), a temperamental softouch driver power window switch (I beleive it got a little wet), and of course, being modified since 20,XXX miles, a new clutch. No other issues what-so-ever, and the issues I've had were pretty much my own doing. Awesome car. Best I've ever owned, and it is my 13th so hopefully that tells you something

nmea2020

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG Silver 2006 JETTA DSG
Ok, the quandary has been satisfied.
Thanks to the many responses.
I think we can put her to rest.

We are now at 4325 on the meter
40mpg Hwy hard driving. Best 44mpg taking it easy.
In town best 37.6mpg

My wife wants her car back. I suppose it’s time to trade back…
It is all good.

RobNJC

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2005, Silver-Gray
Re: Highest odometer reading on TDI PD 150K or 200

I have 50K on my '05 Jetta TDI PD. I previously had a 1999.5 TDI which had around 240K on it when it was totalled. The new car definitely has more power (which I like a lot), but I really have to say that all-in-all I liked the higher mileage with the old car. The power difference is not nearly enough to make up for the lost MPG. All that being said, I really enjoy driving the new car.

Trunk hinges? This is the first I've been back to the forum since I got my new car about a year ago and my trunk hinge is a real PIA. Sometimes hard to open, sometimes not....

Macduff

TDI
Audi A4 130PD Sport, Dolphin Grey, 2004

Last week I was in a Passat PD115 taxi (UK) that had 177k on it. There were no rattles.

Don't know if it had had any major work done.

Lars_DK

TDI
TDI PD115
nmea2020 said:
I'm trying to decide on the new and improved or tried and true. PD vs. pre PD. There is very little maintenance info available and I don't trust the dealership wrench jockeys.
So what is the track record for the PD's or have they not been out long enough to tell.
I have had my Passat B5 with the first Pumpe-Düse engine since sep'99 and have just turned 391.000 km (243.000 miles) only with the following errors:
- Changed temperature sensor for water (240.000 km)
- Changed temperature sensor for fuel (380.000 km)

Other related issues
My fuel economy is 5% lower than when new
Oil consumpsion is only less than 1 ltr/35.000 km
I change oil every 35.000 km and uses 0W30 higest quality.
The engine runs "as new" but has a powerdrop due to worned nozzles which I will change soon. I expect to drive another 2-300.00 km.
Other big things repaired in the lifetime:
- 250.000 km: 4 new suspension dampers and fedthers (like getting a new car)
- 380.000: Renewal of the wearing parts in the steering.

Then of course normal maintenace every 35.000 km
Thats all

SUNRG

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None currently. Previously owned 04 Golf TDI & 05 Passat GLS Wagon TDI
Holy ship Lars!! That's awesome!

I love that you've used 35k(km) oil change intervals (21+k miles) and 506.01 0w-30 oil. Have you ever had your used oil lab analyzed?

If you'd be interested in lab oil analysis, I'd even be willing to send you a free analysis kit - all you would have to do is pay for shipping to send it back to my lab in the US.

Lemme know!

KROUT

persona non grata
I just turned 212,000 on my 00 golf tdi. The cars runs better thaan when i got it at 40,000. Lots of upgrades.:eek: :D

MDIESEL

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf GLS PD-TDI
daBooj said:
(oh, and yes! Please, where can a Maryland boy find a Timing Belt job?! (not there yet, will be soon enough))
I'm at H.A.Boyd VW in Lebanon Pa. Not a tech myself, but we've got a couple of very talented ones in our shop that know their way around a diesel. Although, no one here has done a timing belt for a pd yet.

BTW 72,XXX so far on mine. It'll turn two in mid December.

DrewD

Veteran Member
36,000 miles as of today.

No major engine problems at all. Most of warranty work was related to sunroof and interior trim that doesn't withstand wear and tear as well as other brands.

I did have my MAF replaced but that was at my own doing.

Other than the little stuff, this car has been as reliable as my Japanese cars I've owned before.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Kier said:
Does anyone know of any good privately owned shops within 200 Miles of Washington, DC??
Kier, for you and daBooj who is not that far away...

You should contact Car54, who lives in Woodbridge, VA. Ask him if he has tackled, or is willing to try, the TB on a PD engine.

I believe it was HermTDI who made the leap to the PD and said the TB job was easier than on the older TDI engines. But I think many of our TDI gurus have been a little cautious when it comes to the PD engines.

mak1

TDI
Passat SE130PD 2001 Blue
2001 130PD TDi (UK) 117,000 miles - runs like a dream no problems as yet, have also spoken to the previous owner who traded it to a Garage and he says the only thing to ever fail has been bulbs!

KennyFlys

TDI
XX
I stand at 119,880 miles as I write this. As I said in another post, I expect to take her to 500k unless cut short by someone running a red light.