New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

Arch12

TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Lux editition Black on Black
Hello. I just traded in my 2013 Jeep Wrangler for a 2012 Golf TDI Highline. black on black.

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI Comfortline 6spd
Hello. I just traded in my 2013 Jeep Wrangler for a 2012 Golf TDI Highline. black on black.
Welcome to Freds
Your gonna love spending 50/60% less on fuel :)
Nice car btw

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Arch12

TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Lux editition Black on Black
Welcome to Freds
Your gonna love spending 50/60% less on fuel :)
Nice car btw

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the welcome. Honestly the gas mileage was the biggest complaint about the jeep. My wrangler was lifted with big tires so that didnt help but even before that it was a pig. My dad just bought a 2014 Golf wagon TDI Wolfsburg and after I drove it for the first time I was sold. I found this 2012 highline and knew it was time to switch over. My jeep would barely get 15 mpg combined so this diesel will be a treat to own

twistedcricket

TDI
No TDIs
Taking delivery of a 2015 TDI SEL tomorrow (11/14/14)
My first brand new car
My first VW
My first diesel

Excited and anxious aren't enough to tell you how I feel about getting this car. Months of research and lurking on various forums led me to this car.

Can't wait!

Wklink

TDI
2014 TDI Sportswagen

Just picked up a 2014 TDI Sportswagen for the wife and myself. My father had a 2011 model and I really liked it so when it came time to get a new car (to replace the 2004 Saturn behind it) the VW was at the top of list of cars to look at. I wasn't sure how much my wife would like the car but she seemed to like it as much as me. I'm sure I will be hitting the forums from time to time looking for advice for the grey ghost. This is the first diesel I have owned.

DogandPonyShow

TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE
Hello everyone. Just bought a 2015 Golf TDI SE a couple weeks ago. I've had two Jettas in the past, but this is my first diesel vehicle. I have much to learn on properly maintaining it so it will last forever ;-)
So far thrilled with the mpg's. Got 50.9 on my only highway trip and have been averaging 36 mpg around town.

Chrisp12015

TDI
2013 SE
New user

Hi. I just bought a 2013 TDI SE. 12K miles. Picked it up last night. I'm sure I'll be consulting these forums for info!
Peace.

Fallen Angel

TDI
96 Passat TDI
Just picked up my 96 passat today.

I previously owned an 86 300d that was cherry. Unfortunately, the turbo started to go south and I couldn't afford to fix it at the time. Also had a tt (fwd roadster variant) that was a blast. Was getting to be too expensive to own (was very short on cash not long ago) so traded that in towards my current car, 06 trailblazer. The trailblazer has been great. Lifted, proper tires, does what I need it too.

Onto something more interesting...

I drive over 100 miles per day to get to work. Figured out how much I pay towards gas, wasn't happy. I've wanted a tdi for some time, figured I would hunt around and see if I could get lucky.

I looked at one 2 hours away. Guy had said it was just a bit rough but otherwise good. Car was so trashed I don't think it'll ever be road worthy again.. poor car. Contacted a second guy that was the typical bad seller. Slow to get back, stopped writing when he heard I was planning on towing it home. Wrote a third guy that was very honest about everything.

227000 miles, new turbo at 200k (quite rusty though, makes me wonder) injectors just cleaned (actually why he sold it, bad knock due to dirty injector scared him, he purchased a new car.) Needs 2 tires, glow plug harness (where do I find this?), funky coolant hose that has a y in it right under IP, and just a bit of tlc.

Rides smooth though with worn oe shocks, no bad noises even from exhaust, clutch engages just a tad high, though I think that's just how these old passats are. Very minor body rust thankfully, though as typical the doors are getting pretty bad on the lowers. The doors should honestly be replaced, doesnt look like much of an option. I've done body work in the past... paint... that is the costly part (not good enough anymore to spray)

Not a bad find for $1500, looking ford to a long ownership!

kpd93

TDI
2002 Golf TDI
Hello everyone, a week ago I purchased my first TDI. I have been searching for around 10 months and one finally went up for sale in my area. Its a 2002 Golf w/ 230k miles. Runs very well, but its showing its age which I am hoping to fix at some point. Overall I am very happy with it and am looking forward to driving it for quite a while :).

Jhandi

TDI
2012 Jetta
Hello guys. It's Jimmy from Toronto, Canada. I just bought a 2012 Jetta TDI highline 2 months ago. This is my first diesel and first VW. Really looking forward to this forum. Besides this car I have a motorcycle for summer fun and professionally I am an Insurance broker... Winter is upon us in Toronto and I just turned on seat warmers yesterday for the first time and turns out the driver seat seatwarmer is not working while the passenger side works perfectly fine. Have any of you experienced this before?
Cheers.

pippe21

TDI
MKVI GOLF TDI
Hello all, I'm new to the site and in my sophomore year of TDI ownership. Purchased a 2012 Golf TDI w/ DSG about two years ago and have been loving it ever since. The wife and I have no other cars at the moment, but I am trying to hold out for a new mkVII Golf Variant/Sportwagen when they finally make it stateside.

Crackhead

TDI
2001 Golf
Hi

Hello. Seth from Asheville, nc, us. My username is a reference to an injury sustained on a Vespa years ago, not a drug habit :) 2001 golf here. Cheers.

WindsorFox

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta
Hi, I'm WindsorFox and although I've been here for 2.5 years, it is with a heavy heart that I report that today I traded my sweet 50MPG 2012 TDI Jetta for a 2014 Passat 1.8T. To quote Ron White this thing is lo-ho-ho-ho-aded...

The_Wookie

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Greetings all! I have been lurking for about three years now and finally decided it was high time to pull the trigger and join!

Thanks for all the help so far and I look forward to helping out the community where I can!

TDI
2001 Jetta
Hello all! Charles here. Just picked up my first Tdi on Wednesday, a 2001 Jetta. 214k on her, although the engine was rebuilt at 136k due to a snapped timing belt. Acquired this one with a bad auto trans. I will be swapping in a 5, and probably doing far more to it, although leaving the engine mostly as is other than nossles and a chip? Plan to have it on the road sometime in the spring. If all goes as planned I sh*t you not this may be the first mk4 to do the Black Bear Road

Last edited:

tbeetham

TDI
85 jetta turbo diesel
Hello, new to the forum, vdubs, diesels etc. I recently bought a 85 jetta turbo diesel and the motor ran away and seized. Bad start to my introduction to vw. I found a shop that said they would rebuild the motor and injection pump top to bottom for $3500. The car is really straight but im not sure if I should cut my losses and sell it or have it rebuilt.please help. Is that too much?

BenNoG

TDI
2012 JSW TDI
Hey members,
In May of this year I purchased a 2012 Black Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/29k miles from CarMax with the Max Care 100k warranty. It just paid for itself after the "Internal Failure of j533 Gateway Module"

Here's the Youtube video of what happens in action.

Hope this helps anyone else.

sauer1911

TDI
passat, golf, 2013's
Drinking the vw koolaid!

Hey you all!

Bought 2013 Passat TDI SEL, and a Golf TDI. Have had them about 18 months, milage is awesome!

We use Propel Biodiesel here in Los Angeles County. We both get better milage than regular diesel.

My Passat overall avg is 40.2, my wife gets close to 50 with the Golf.

The Golf is bulletproof, my Passat has a few issues. Very slow computer system. Sometimes it doesnt start working til I have backed out of the driveway, and gone down the street! Then the screen loads the Sat radio channels, then the back up camera, then back to the Sat radio. Sometimes its fine most time is is very, very slow to load.

The first few times I use the brakes after starting up, they grab really hard, like face in the windshield hard.

Coming up on 30k service, we will see if they have any upgrades for the firmware in the system.

Southalabama84

TDI
2015 VW Golf TDI S
Finally was able to say that I joined the TDI club today. Picked up a 2015 Golf TDI S 6sp. It's my first VW and I'm looking forward to keeping it for many years.

69rustneversleeps

TDI
2006 Golf GLS , 2009 Jetta (bought back by VW)
Greetings from Scotland, Ontario, Canada. I am the proud new owner of a 2009 Jetta TDI with DSG. Years ago I also owned an '87 Jetta GLI gasser - wonderful car which taught me alot about VW. I drive 1,000 kms per week commuting to work and back and so far I am loving the driving experience. Thanks.

TDIDriver04

TDI
2002 Golf, 2010 Jetta
Hello

Guess it's long overdue that I introduce myself...
Listed as a newbie, but have actually been a member of the Tdi Club for years! Never had occasion to post though, prior to today. Skulked about and LEARNED!

Perhaps a moderator can chime in and answer a question: Does your account get closed out due to inactivity? I had to re-register after password would not work (repeatedly). Re-registered using the same username and PW I signed up with years ago...

I own a black '02 Golf GLS 5 spd with 315,000 miles on the clock and a laser blue '10 Jetta Tdi Cup Edition DSG with 76,000 miles. Both great cars. Thanks to all members who have helped educate me on these cars.

Hogie

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI SEL Manual
Howdy,
I'm Hogie from Dallas, amateur radio operator N3BBQ. I just got my first TDI on Wednesday as a birthday gift to myself.
2015 Jetta TDI SEL 6 Speed Manual, Silver w/ black interior.
Here I am about to smoke 12 turkeys on Thanksgiving morning with the sun in my eyes.

pedrorocks

TDI
vw t4 2.5tdi
Evening all,was pointed out by this place by folks on the t4 forum,nothing but rave reviews i may add,driving a 2001 t4 2.5tdi 88bhp model and before i bombard you all with questions i thought id do the honourable thing and introduce myself first.just call me pedro or owt you like.
i live in the uk by the way

Kzoo Cup

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup edition
Hello, I was directed to this site by my friend Dawid. This is my first diesel.
About a month ago I took a once in a life time career opportunity and needed something to drive ~170 miles a day that wouldn't break the bank. I had an 08' R32 at the time but was able to find this B-E-A-UTIFUL 2010 TDI Cup edition. I had to drive to Kentucky to get it, but it was worth the trip! I needed something that was fuel efficient and I like to drive cars that I won't see everyday. So this fit the bill! It's no R32, but I really don't have any solid complaints. The car had 64XXX miles on it at the time of purchase and had been enthusiast owned since new. It's absolutely spotless!
Pics for clicks

attacker

TDI
2006 Jetta
Hello all!

Have had my 2006 Jetta TDI since new. Still runs flawless at 150k. Looking to improve the Sound/Satellite system with a new good head unit that will look nice and most of all operate great!

Thanks all, what a great site

My motto: If it moves, attack it! If it doesn't move, kick it, it just might move!