Jeep Wrangler JKU build

bwk9087

Veteran Member
TDI
2007 Jeep JKU 1.9 ALH
Same here. Love to see picture of the map sensor location.
I can't get the photo uploaded to work for the last few days, no error, says file is uploaded, but don't show up, using phone, I get an error. . Anyway, got timing belt done, no more coolant leak. Got brake relays installed, no more dropping back to idle. Got new problem now, sort of, it did this on last drive, thought it was just the limp mode from loose boost piping. Went for a drive, ran good for 10 mins, then shutoff. Code p0321. Intermittent speed sensor fault. I could clear fault, and start, and drive and it would do it again. Does not do it at idle, and only seems to do it when warmed up. Did get boost up to 19lbs with no error so far, felt decent.

Motohead1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 bug+telephone pole
I wouldn't think a speed sensor falt would put you in limp mode? I didnt have a vss signal for a few months after I put mine on the road and it didnt cause issues. Perhaps something missed on the tune?

bwk9087

Veteran Member
TDI
2007 Jeep JKU 1.9 ALH
I wouldn't think a speed sensor falt would put you in limp mode? I didnt have a vss signal for a few months after I put mine on the road and it didnt cause issues. Perhaps something missed on the tune?
You are right, it didn't cause the limp mode, the lack of boost did that, the switch caused the stalling. Got it in and went for a 15 mile ride, beat one so far. Still only hit 18.5 psi max boost. Guess I got to figure how to log the boost, and/adjust actuator rod. Getting closer.

Jfive

TDI
2001 bug
Any updates on this? Have a similar swap in mind. Have a 2008 jku with the automatic trans. Looking at a 2002 alh from a auto beetle. Nice to use part of yours and evguys swaps to find a route. Only I wanna stay auto, mostly because wife hates sticks and nodak has a 700r4 adapter and evguy has a sbc adapter.

bwk9087

Veteran Member
TDI
2007 Jeep JKU 1.9 ALH
Any updates on this? Have a similar swap in mind. Have a 2008 jku with the automatic trans. Looking at a 2002 alh from a auto beetle. Nice to use part of yours and evguys swaps to find a route. Only I wanna stay auto, mostly because wife hates sticks and nodak has a 700r4 adapter and evguy has a sbc adapter.

Hi, been driving this for a year now, pretty happy with it. Malone fixed my tune, which was the problem with the underboost, not enough fuel. I did change to a remote oil filter, with adapter from EVguy, and oil cooler. I drive it daily now, averaging 90 miles 5 days a week. I am averaging 26-28 miles a gallon, up from the 16 I used to get. Just did a 500 mile weekend to join 700 plus jeeps on a Mackinaw bridge crossing two weekends ago.