Cup holders

Nighteyes

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Considering trading in my Jetta for a Passat. Had some issues with the Jetta where it was in the shop the first 2 weeks I owned it. So VW is giving me a bit of a break.

The Passat is amazing!! I can't believe I didn't test drive one before buying the Jetta. One thing that I like better in the Jetta though is the cup holders. Those little springy objects actually hold your cup completely still. Any hints on getting the ones in the Passat's center console area to work better? If not, I imagine I'll use the ones in the door more often.

IXLR8

Veteran Member
TDI
12 Passat Platinum Gray, 02 Golf Black, 01 Jetta Black
Any hints on getting the ones in the Passat's center console area to work better? If not, I imagine I'll use the ones in the door more often.
Did you try adjusting the position of the center divider?

Nighteyes

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Yep. Maybe it was because we went to Zaxby's and their cups were really skinny at the bottom. Plus we had 2 cups, so adjusting the center piece meant that the other one was even more loose. I felt like I had to drive extra careful so that I didn't upset any of the drinks.

Niner

duplicate account, banned
I was told by the General Manager of the West Coast parts supply hub for VW that he personally had to take a 7-11 Big Gulp cup to Germany to show them the size cup holders Americans drink to be manufactured, as the Germans could not believe the ones they were making were too small for the American market. It puts a German beer stein to shame.

Man up, get a bigger cup.

Nighteyes

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
I was told by the General Manager of the West Coast parts supply hub for VW that he personally had to take a 7-11 Big Gulp cup to Germany to show them the size cup holders Americans drink to be manufactured, as the Germans could not believe the ones they were making were too small for the American market. It puts a German beer stein to shame.

Man up, get a bigger cup.
I've manned up for too long. Trying to man down a bit. Like 30lbs down, lol. But I see your point. If they make them smaller then the folks with large cups would be out. And I do like that my coffee MUG can fit in the larger ones.

This is the only thing on the whole car I can find to gripe about, haha. That says alot. I love the little removable inserts in all the cup holder locations for easy cleaning.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I just noticed the cup/bottle holders in the door... pretty darn cool. I usually have a bottle of water or Gatorade on road trips and the extra spaces in the doors are pretty handy. :cool: