2005 Passat (Front drivers seat is falling apart)

deming

Veteran Member
TDI
(2) 2005 TDI Passat Wagons
What happened to quality? I love these Leatherette seats, but it is highly unfortunate to have all the upper seatback stitching falling and ripping apart. I only have 700 miles on the car!

The dealer said they would take a look at the car next week and order a new replacement driver's side seat if necessary.
Must just be a fluke or a disgruntled seating manufacturer.

Thanks
Deming

VolksVagenVan

TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
I must admit, I'm not as enamored with the leatherette as I hoped I would be. I certainly would have orderd cloth if I had an option, and I tell you if VW doesn't like it's sales numbers in the NA market it's probably because they don't give the buyers the options that they do in Europe - go figure?!

I would reccommend that you look at the leather because it also comes with a few more ammenities if I am not mistaken. We'll make do with our leatherette and hope it wears at least as well as the cloth would have. No doubt, I hope for yours and VW's sake, they have a new seat to you muy pronto.

stoney1

if yuo discover that you're not happy with it, check out the option of replacing it with after market leather.

festivus

Veteran Member
Those interiors look pretty nice! I really didn't have any choice regarding my car (cloth), and I probably would have opted for the leatherette if given the option. Has anyone dealt with autoleathers.com before? Does it really look factory installed? Also, do they make allowances for the side airbags? I would hate to be the one to find out that they didn't inflate as designed!

TDI Believer

Responsible For Global Warming
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
I like the leatherette. On my car, the quality is as good as any of the leather interiors I've seen. Actually, you'd be hard pressed to tell the leather and leatherette apart.