New to forum. Anyone ever do business with HansAuto?

ZedzDed

TDI
2004 Jetta Mk IV
Hello I am pretty new to the forum and I am pretty sure my turbo is just about shot. I have an 04 Jetta Tdi engine code BEW. I am looking around for a reliable yet economical turbo replacement and I saw one on a site called HansAutoparts. Was wondering if anyone has ever done business with them. This particular turbo is a rebuild and I've been hearing mixed things about buying a rebuild. Any advice is greatly appreciated. -Zac

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
That’s a loaded question on this forum.

Better than a rebuild is a used one. Keep watch of the for sale section on this forum.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=16

Or a new one from idparts.com, metalmanparts.com, cascadegerman.com, tunemyeuro.com.

All of these places offer quality parts. A week or so ago I think tunemyeuro was doing a sale on turbos.

Last edited:

Tdipwr11

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 ALH Jetta
Yea Hanes can trick anyone new to these cars and buisness. Looks good on paper, pictures - junk and wouldn't take for free

U4ick

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi
Definitely not happy about post #6 with it's cheesy lead-up to the link. 😏

Joel451

TDI
2004 Passat 2.0
Have to be careful who you order from, I ordered a new turbo from Autozone (I know) seemed like a good deal. Mahle new GT1749va for my BHW made in Germany or Canada, what I got was Borg Warner BV43 made in china. It came in a Mahle box! Returning it tomorrow.