Malone Stage 1.5 and DSG tune...

Paulinski

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta Wagon Highline
Had my 09 JSW tuned yesterday. First off all big thanks to Perry at Wroth Automotive and Mark for the tune..

I was humming and having getting my car tuned...Finally decided to pull the trigger. I dropped the car off in the AM got loaner from Perry (99.5 ALH with 260k on it never driven older Tdi) Picked up the car in the aft for the 1.5hr drive home...

Well I can't wipe the stupid grin off my face lol...It feels like a completely different car. You can feel the extra power everywhere it comes on smooth..From the stop in D the traction control kicks in first gear. Passing on the highway no problem. The car just pulls and pulls. There is no surging nor hesitation anywhere just smooth delivery of power. Driving conservatively the car behaves bone stock

The DSG tune is amazing. It think it shifts even smother that factory. I really like the earlier shifting when putting around. I never drive in S nor I use the manual mode I'm probably missing a lot of fun :eek:

Anyways to sum it all up. I think this is the way the car should come from the factory. What next you ask well Rawtek is in my near future with Stage 2 tune.:D:D

To anyone sitting on the fence I say go for it...

Thanks for reading.

Pauli

Last edited:

tomc

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI 09 sedan
Malone Stage 1.5 and DSG Tune

I,m interested to hear the cost on such an upgrade to 09 TDI?

TDI-JAY

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Sportwagen 6M
Great to hear. I jumped off the diving board feet first into the Rawtek world - MPG gain is awesome.

Its not cheap to do, but cheap considering what a new DPF would cost you. With a full RAWTEK, Banks & tune it was just under $2,000. ($968 / $350 / $650 = $1,968).

Worth every penny.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
stage 2 malone and rawtek all i can say is oh i love this lol....had a mk6 gti try and play tag on the highway, lets just say he couldnt keep up and had to stop and ask me what i had done to my car lol

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
lol...just went to the dealer for an alignment since the ball joint was dropped for exhaust removal and the dealer loved my car lol....heres some of the comments

"sounds like a jet"
"i love it"
"amazing looking exhaust"
The tech who drove it said "it pulls like a train"

I agree with them all lol...the rawtek stuff is TOP notch

mckpat03

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH
Stage 2 definitely makes it fun. I still wouldn't say it's all that quick or anything. I think my stock DSM with 220K miles and big A/T tires is at least as quick as the Jetta. Just my opinion.

Cleenlivin

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sedan (DSG) boughtback, 2004 Jetta TDI Sedan (Tiptronic), 2004 Jetta TDI Sedan (5 speed)
For the OP....how has your mileage been. How has the DSG been handling the tune and extra power?

I'm trying to get as much info before taking the plunge. Regretfully...depending on how you look at...there are no Malone tuners local to me. If I do tune my car I will have to remove the ECU and do the DSG software change myself. So if my car needs any "tweaking" I'll be SOL or......gulp...have to visit the dealer.

That being said I'm trying to minimize the chances of having any regrets or doing something to my car I'm not able to fix.