Transmission code P0763

Volunteer

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
I was looking to buy a 2006 Jetta TDI automatic.The owner said it was diagnosed with a code P0763 solenoid C and the car will only shift to third gear.What is the most likely fix for this.It has 268K kms

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Mechatronic is most likely. Very expensive but maybe you could find a used one.

There have been a few solenoid codes on those fixed by poor connections to those solenoids. Maybe resoldering cracked solder joints or other types of repairs like that.

I recently saw circuit plates available for these, but this would take advanced skills to replace. Used or new from Vw is probably the way to go.

Valve body rebuilders seem to have started offering these. I have no idea on price or quality.

Edit: I just thought that since you posted a "p" code that its possible there are other codes in there, and it could be that the trans has a internal failure along with the solenoid code. Might want to get scanned with vagcom before you commit to anything.

Volunteer

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
The owner says he 9 new solenoids and will install them when the weather warms up.I said to let me know when that is done and the transmission is working properly.