Who got the payment from BOSCH?

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Gee, if everybody posts daily that they did not receive a check that day, this thread is going to have a lot of posts by the time things eventually wrap up.

Mark_J

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI Passat SEL Premium, 2017 Fiat Spider, 2017 Ford F350 6.7 Diesel crew cab PU, 2016 Harley Trike, 2016 Tesla Model X P90D (I know went to the dark side)
What does the VW byback date have to do with getting the Bosh check? Am I missing something?

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
What does the VW byback date have to do with getting the Bosh check?
Nothing other than that some people are assuming that the two may be linked--that the Bosch checks might be going out in the order in which the cars were bought back.

shortstuff_mt

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE w/Sunroof DSG
I turned my 2015 Passat in on an early lease termination in January and received my $200 check this week. My last name starts with T...

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
Maybe we ought to cross reference the Buyback Spreadsheet?

From the language on the court website, "Class members in the VW Settlements whose claims in those settlements are approved or will be approved in the future..." causes me to expect they'll issue checks in the order VW approved the claim, vs. submission date, buyback date, or original purchase date.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Does anyone know if you got ETF, does Bosch send you ETF as well or will it be a check?

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
Check is no good but that's how you're gonna get it.

It could easily get lost in the mail or people change their address.

JCG57

TDI
'09 Jetta
The financially prudent action for Bosch would be to make the lowest level payments first, deferring the higher payments as long as possible. I am expecting four checks (three 2.0 liters VWs and one 3.0 liter Audi), primary owner on one and secondary owner on three, and have not received anything yet.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
The financially prudent action for Bosch would be to make the lowest level payments first, deferring the higher payments as long as possible. I am expecting four checks (three 2.0 liters VWs and one 3.0 liter Audi), primary owner on one and secondary owner on three, and have not received anything yet.
I am not sure why it would be "financially prudent" to pay the smallest claims first. Presumably, they know approximately what the total payments will have to be, and have reserved the money to make all the payments. Once the money has been reserved, delaying paying it out gains the corporation nothing, as far as I can see.

In fact, the longer the delays, the greater the likelihood that some recipients will have moved and/or otherwise cannot be reached for payment.

chief poncho

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Once the money has been reserved, delaying paying it out gains the corporation nothing, as far as I can see.
Unless the payout money is borrowed money, paying out later allows the corporation to earn interest on the money as it sits. Granted, interest rates are very low, but 1.0% of $1.5 billion is still $15 million dollars, or about $1.25 million per month. With that much money sitting in an account, it might be generating a higher interest rate.

Looks like the $1.5 billion number included fines. Owners only get paid out about $300 million, so the interest generated goes down a quite a bit to about $250k a month.

Last edited:

speedrye

Veteran Member
TDI
13 JSW DSG, 14 JSW DSG
Since the money has been in an escrow account for awhile, I doubt Bosch is getting any interest. Most escrow accounts I've ever seen don't accrue interest, so they're probably just waiting on VW to get the paperwork in order.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Since the money has been in an escrow account for awhile, I doubt Bosch is getting any interest. Most escrow accounts I've ever seen don't accrue interest, so they're probably just waiting on VW to get the paperwork in order.
I've had real estate escrow accounts that paid interest. It was kept in the account to offset the annual tax rate changes so my payment did not change as much. That was also when interest rates were in the 6-7% for savings and mortgage rates were in the 9-10% for most buyers.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
you're getting hosed if you don't get any interest in an escrow account, it may not be worth while but it should still have something.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I'm guessing that I've had 8-10 mortgages and only one offered interest on the escrow account and all but one required it. That one discounted a half percent on the mortgage if you used their escrow account.

JCG57

TDI
'09 Jetta
Everything else about this settlement was negotiated, so why not interest on escrow accounts? Time value of money - pay out smaller claims first and stretch the process out as long as the settlement permits and pay via check where allowed instead of via ACH or EFT.

badufay

Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI S, 6 spd man; 2017 Jetta SE TSI, 5 spd man
Received my Bosch payment today. Car was a 2015 Golf TDI owned/financed from VW, did the buyback in February. Check from Bosch today for $350. Hopefully I'll get the one for my 2015 Jetta TDI (same ownership/finance and dates) in the next few days. Didn't require anything else from me claim wise.

Ben

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Received my Bosch payment today. Car was a 2015 Golf TDI owned/financed from VW, did the buyback in February. Check from Bosch today for $350. Hopefully I'll get the one for my 2015 Jetta TDI (same ownership/finance and dates) in the next few days. Didn't require anything else from me claim wise.

Ben
Nice. I'm ready to get paid...again, lol.

3fordasho

TDI
15 Passat 6M
This morning my USPS informed delivery is showing a letter from Bosch Settlement, not the post card that I've received several of - hoping it is the check. FWIW my buyback date was March 30th.

ajz9415

TDI
2014 Passat TDI DSG
This morning my USPS informed delivery is showing a letter from Bosch Settlement, not the post card that I've received several of - hoping it is the check. FWIW my buyback date was March 30th.

So the envelope clearly says Bosch Settlement ? I have been opening everything even the junk mail so I don't throw it away :)

3fordasho

TDI
15 Passat 6M
So the envelope clearly says Bosch Settlement ? I have been opening everything even the junk mail so I don't throw it away :)
It's a letter size security envelope with a clear window though which I can read my mailing address and return address "Bosch Settlement, PO box 4199, Portland OR 97206-4199"