FS: One Owner 2003 5-speed TDI GLS Wagon in Virginia (148.500 miles. $7,250)

OneVWTDIGUY!

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI GLS Wagon
I’m getting ready to retire and unfortunately need to sell my 2003, 5-speed, Reflex Silver, TDI GLS Wagon which I bought new in Newport News, Virginia (near Yorktown and Williamsburg Virginia) where I currently still live. I saw this car one weekend in late 2002 in the back of a dealer’s lot just after it had been delivered from Germany and fell in love with it immediately.Basically, it came with every option available on the Jetta TDIs then including: GLS package with air and power glass sunroof, power windows and heated outside mirrors; leather interior package with heated front seats and heated windshield washers; Monsoon Sound system: and of course 5-speed with cruise and other controls on leather wrapped steering wheel. I think it looks as great today as it did then (no rust or accidents and it has been in southeast VA since new).

I’ve updated with VA legal tinted side and rear windows (50% VLT Front and 20% VLT Rear and Back) which make it look even better than new with the silver paint, as well as being very functional; additional inputs into the OEM stereo system for satellite radio and direct audio input; really nice Dash Z racing LED headlights and Euro style LED taillights; Stage 1 Tune and K&N filter (mild ECU tune which really helps highway passing and acceleration with no fuel mileage penalty).

In the past few years I have had all the normal suspension components refurbished (ball joints, control arms, tie rods and bushings), as well as engine mounts and all vacuum hoses and serpentine belt replaced again recently. I just had the headliner replaced with Euro spec material. Complete timing belt and water pump/pulley service and replacement was at 90K.

The front leather and heated seat covers were replaced with new upgraded (heating units as originals tended to short out) units by VW a few years ago as part of a service recall so the heated seats as well as the rest of the interior looks almost brand new. There is some slight discoloration on the top of the center console, but I have a new OEM one in a box which new owner can install whenever they want. VW and Weather Tech rubber mats throughout. It has just been inspected (9/18).

I have all service records and receipts since new, as well as the original dealer window sticker ($22,720). I have been fastidious about its maintenance, which was done by either the dealer or local VW/Audi shop. I still have the original head and tail lights and air intake assemblies which were removed and these all go with it.

If there is a “Holy Grail” for these early TDIs mine is certainly a good, honest one to consider for that title.

I can also be reached at onetdiguy@hotmail.com if you are interested in buying and want more information or pictures; some are included on my TDIClub photo album: ONEVWTDIGUY! (http://pics.tdiclub.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=510429) .

Last edited:

OneVWTDIGUY!

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI GLS Wagon
My 2003 TDI GLS wagon has been sold! $7,000.

Thanks for all the enthusiasts here who were interested in it.

I know the new owners will enjoy it as much as I did!!

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
Good on you for taking care of that car. My son got a one-owner Golf that was in near perfect condition. Rare opportunity for sure.

OneVWTDIGUY!

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI GLS Wagon
Thanks. It is bittersweet to sell. I'm glad your son got a one-owner TDI too. I'm sure the seller was happy that it was going to another good home!

Last edited:

leox037

TDI
03 VW Jetta GLS TDi Wagon w/5-speed Manual Transmission - Reflex Silver // 06 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CCSB LBZ Duramax Diesel w/6-speed Automatic Allison Transmission - Silver Birch
My 2003 TDI GLS wagon has been sold! $7,000.
Thanks for all the enthusiasts here who were interested in it.
I know the new owners will enjoy it as much as I did!!
Had to jump on this unicorn when I saw it. Thanks OneVWTDIGUY for taking such great care of this beaut! The drive back to California was a lot more enjoyable in this thing than I expected! The wife and kids love it! :D:D

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
A story with a great ending!