Deep Purple Lubricants

voodoojoe

TDI
2005 VW Golf TDI (bought it with 15 miles on the odometer)
I was looking to see if anyone has any experiences with using "Royal Purple" lubricants in their TDI.

My TDI:
2009 VW Golf TDI 1.9l
AT/Triptronic
Mileage: 196423
Michigan Weather

Dave

Last edited:

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
I was looking to see if anyone has any experiences with using "Royal Purple" lubricants in their TDI.

My TDI:
2009 VW Golf TDI 1.9l
AT/Triptronic
Mileage: 196423
Michigan Weather

Dave
Damn. I was hoping to rock out to "My Girl Pinocchio" (My Girl From Tokyo) by Deep Purple.

Dying an oil purple IMHO is nothing more than snake oil marketing. When I was about 8 YO and first heard about RP I thought wow!! That's the oil for me! I thought that the coolness factor was so way over the top.

By the time I started driving I grew a few more brain cell which made finding the stupid in me and exploiting it a little harder to do.

Last edited:

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Moderator: just lock this thread up before it becomes too entertaining...
Seriously.

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
We are getting to go to the Deep Purple concert in Lake Tahoe, Nevada very soon. "My woman Pinocchio", I have never heard that version of the song, but that there's funny, I don't care who you are.

EDIT: I mentioned this post to my wife and she commented, "Wow, the first trans-gender rock song in history."

Last edited:

VwPassion

Veteran Member
TDI
Polo 1.2 Tdi '13
Moderator: just lock this thread up before it becomes too entertaining...
Seriously.
What's up Doc? You found something wrong to a normal question that i did ask ? Is any specified oil color that yell from miles away " I am snake oil " ?? At least at my area there is not such thing . Now for the Trumpland and around there , i am still learning so tell me about it ...

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Last edited:

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
Been running their ATF in my 01M the last couple changes (first time included full flush to purge out system of old fluid), seems to like it just fine.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
We are getting to go to the Deep Purple concert in Lake Tahoe, Nevada very soon. "My woman Pinocchio", I have never heard that version of the song, but that there's funny, I don't care who you are.

EDIT: I mentioned this post to my wife and she commented, "Wow, the first trans-gender rock song in history."
Lola: 1970
(My) Woman from Tokyo: 1973

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta

This goes WAAAY beyond gender. Some pretty serious Carl Sagen stuff here. In Biology, Humans are of the Kingdom Anamalia and good old Pinocchio is wood, hermaphrodite (most plants are) and is of the Kingdom Plantae.

In biology, that would be classified as a trans-Kingdom relationship.

"So, how is the relationship going Roger? It has it's up and downs but were trying to adapt. Meeting the parents was sure awkward"..................

Almost forgot. your wifes take was certainly good humor done right...........

Last edited:

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I will pass the compliment on to my wife , thank you. Has everybody heard the Pinocchio and Raggedy Ann joke? What does Raggedy Ann do when the toy store closes?

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Oh, and by the way, wasn't "Lola" a transvestite? And to Whitedog also, thank you. I am very familiar with the real song. This goes along with the Creedence Clearwater Revival song, "There's a bathroom on the right." We always used to joke CCR should have had a potty in their tour bus instead of looking for a bathroom on the right.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Oh, and by the way, wasn't "Lola" a transvestite? And to Whitedog also, thank you. I am very familiar with the real song. This goes along with the Creedence Clearwater Revival song, "There's a bathroom on the right." We always used to joke CCR should have had a potty in their tour bus instead of looking for a bathroom on the right.
First, I don't understand the comment about the bathroom on the right. If they want to sing about where the bathroom is, why do I care?

Second, I believe that you are right about Lola. Since that say Lola was a man, that means he wasn't transgender. My mistake for the confusion. It reminds me of that gal I made out with the big chest and big Adams apple. Hmmm...

KLXD

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'98, '2 Jettas
What would impress me about an oil is if they would say this is x percent group humptyump, y percent group whatever. Do they?

I agree the dye is a gimmick unless they're saying the purple is an additive with a specific function that happens to be purple not just a dye that breaks down in a short time and can be considered a contaminant.

Last edited:

dogdots

Vendor
TDI
None
I don't have any colorful song lyrics to add, but I did run RP diesel synthetic long haul in my MB 123 4 speed manual for 300k miles. It was $55 for a 5 gallon bucket back then if I remember correctly.

I see it on the shelf now in expensive little quart bottles and think about how glad I am that I can use the $20 per gallon Rotella T6 now that RP is so expensive.