Seat swap

unixb0y

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat Comfortline 6MT Nav
Can I swap comfort line seats into my trendline? Are the wiring harnesses there?
My trendline seats are horribly uncomfortable. The leatherette is also cracking and missing some chunks.

Comfortline seats are 100% electric. Are trendline seats 100% manual?

nord

Veteran Member
TDI
All turned back to VW. Now a 2017 Hundai Tuscon. Not a single squalk in 10k miles.
Probably not worth it, but we have a new SE seat. (Electric, driver's side, but no memory.) This in gray faux leather.

My younger son poked a screw driver through the original and got a deal on the seat. He then totaled the car. So... No car, but a real nice seat!

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
dtreid - you'll probably have to run new wires to enable the operation of the electric seats. VW usually does not install unneeded wiring so if your car was built without power seats I doubt the wiring to support same is already there.

I did this when I had my A4 Jetta that I added power front seats to. Had to add all the wires as part of the seat swap. Took an entire weekend to do it which included knowledgeable help from a friend who did the same thing on his A4 Jetta which speeded up the process. Also needed a different electronic control module for proper operation. I do not know if the NMS would be the same setup but imagine it is knowing how VW generally does things.

So if you decide to do this do your research beforehand and good luck with the project!*

*This was a major reason I got a SEL - didn't have to add all these options lower trim levels lack. Been there, done that on my A4 Jetta - was simpler/easier to buy the car with the options I wanted already there from the factory.