Installed the W8 domelamp / console yesterday

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Managed to pick one up locally for $60 - part of a partout.

Ordered the connector and terminals from the local VW place - total cost less than $100 ($CDN, so that's like $23 USD).

Gotta say that the illuminated controls at night are nice, but the "soft lighting" is not quite bright enough. Going to have to see if there is any upgrade I can do to the LED's to brighten them up a tad.

6/10 - might not do again.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Ordered the connector and terminals from the local VW place - total cost less than $100 ($CDN, so that's like $23 USD).
Gotta say that the illuminated controls at night are nice, but the "soft lighting" is not quite bright enough. Going to have to see if there is any upgrade I can do to the LED's to brighten them up a tad.
Is this pretty much what the MKV Jettas have?

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI

There are boost amps which can boost 12 volt to 15-16 volt and possibly the LED's can handle it. See eBay.ca or Amazon.ca
Or if you know an electronics genius he can build one using a couple of resistors, a diode, a potentiometer and a Voltage regulator such as a LM7815 possibly

Last edited: