www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old September 17th, 2017, 13:40   #61
dgrowl

TDI(s): 2014 JSW

ticketed2much - I had same question today and asked the question via chat on the VW claims portal. Agent told me that "once the modification is complete your claim will be closed and the vehicle will not be able to be sold back to VW within this settlement."

I also asked when the modification had to be completed by in order to receive payment. Answer was 12/2018.
dgrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 06:04   #62
Tdiforme2

Reporting back after 1st partial fill since the Fix. Decided to fill up after 470 mi and I hand calculated at 39.8. Those miles are skewed some because of using my trailer to do some moving and hauled a couple heavier loads, one was hauing 670 lbs of scrap metal in.
No issues, a little louder at times, accel and power is good plus I don't baby it. So far happy I stuck with waiting for the mod.
Old September 18th, 2017, 07:22   #63
mdl3r1

UPDATE - Got Glow Plug light on, and thne CEL.

Hi all,
Bad news, hope not so bad:

Had fix Thursday 9/14, got Glow Plug light on on Saturday, and CEL also on Sunday...called dealer, setup for this AM...heading out soon....will update..

BTW, was the GLOW PLUG not supposed to be replaced on 2009's as part of fix??????
107K miles
mdl3r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 08:28   #64
jbright
Veteran Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdl3r1 View Post
UPDATE - Got Glow Plug light on, and thne CEL.

Hi all,
Bad news, hope not so bad:

Had fix Thursday 9/14, got Glow Plug light on on Saturday, and CEL also on Sunday...called dealer, setup for this AM...heading out soon....will update..

BTW, was the GLOW PLUG not supposed to be replaced on 2009's as part of fix??????
Sorry to hear that. Let us know what they find. I hope you don't need a new heatercore like several of us did after the 'fix'.

Last edited by jbright; September 18th, 2017 at 08:32.
jbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 12:54   #65
mdl3r1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbright View Post
Sorry to hear that. Let us know what they find. I hope you don't need a new heatercore like several of us did after the 'fix'.

Waiting to hear.... will advise.

So, in the end, your heater core was not covered? $1,100?... can't even consider that now...

they told me everything was great before and after the fix...
107K miles
Old September 18th, 2017, 18:18   #66
mdl3r1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bherman View Post
Taking mine in tomorrow (2010 TDI Jetta Wagon automatic, 91,000 miles). Will report back; have several 4 hr drives coming up the rest of the week; hope that I'm not doing them in the loaner).
Biehrman,
where are you having it done? I mean which dealer?
107K miles
Old September 18th, 2017, 18:30   #67
mdl3r1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbright View Post
Sorry to hear that. Let us know what they find. I hope you don't need a new heater core like several of us did after the 'fix'.
OK, update:
Indeed, for MY 2009, they were supposed to replace the glow plug Module.....but due to someone misreading the serial # on mine, they did not replace, but should have.
Dealer did so today,No charge, of course. all is well, Jetta rides like a champ again...
(While I'm there, a quick clarification on performance as stated earlier: the hesitation or lower power at startup...is for like 100 or so 200 rpms max, and then vroom, it torques and accelerates right up at those rpms....just seemingly 100-200 rpms..like around 750-900 ......I was always amazed at how zippy and responsive at startup and those RPM's below 1,000 it was...))
So, my service advisor guy was great and honest, which I appreciated, rather than some bogus excuse...)and thanks to this fine Forum, I asked him about 09's needing that glow plug item..) ...and for the inconvenience, I'll get a free oil change...

Methinks I was fortunate...
@mpriolo -
I'll get build later..meant to, wil post. I know it was one built in the Puebla, Mexico plant...
107K miles

Last edited by mdl3r1; September 18th, 2017 at 18:42. Reason: typos