Purchase another TDI

Mandevillian

TDI
JSW 2011
I am the owner of a 2011 Sportwagen TDI. It is my 5th VW. I am not happy at all with how VW is handling my situation. They appear not to care if I buy another VW or not.
I have been trying to acquire a 2015 TDI Sportwagen that they have bought back and will now be able to fix. No one, not a dealer or VW of America is willing to help me.
There was a recent article about how VW is going to auction off the buy backs to VW dealers, but no one seems to know anything about it...or willing to investigate.
If I could find a low mileage 2015, I would be willing to stick with VW, otherwise it's Subaru here I come.
Anyone with any ideas how to get someone to find a 2015 for me?
thanks

piper109

Veteran Member
If they are not willing to help you, its probably because there is nothing in it for them. They are wanting to do things which make money for them. I would keep trying and they might come round. Subaru are good cars but for me they don't have that "German feel" which you might miss.

Last edited:

Mandevillian

TDI
JSW 2011
Yes,thank you for your response. There is no incentive for a car salesman to help. Next week they will be selling dishwashers at Sears, but you would think VW itself would want to help a loyal customer.
I think I could get used to a Subaru.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Nice, thank you for sharing the link. That helps a lot.

whk1992

TDI
2012 JSW
I saw a TDI wagon being sold in a dealership in Seattle last week. With the fix just started not long ago, I assume it will be awhile till vehicles that are in good enough conditions to be sold to show up in dealerships.