www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > South Central Regional States

South Central Regional States Local discussions for those on the South Central US. (Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas)

Old March 2nd, 2017, 21:08   #181
jetta ,97

Fuel Economy: Very good

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiaspeblu View Post
how much and how I can send it the one ecu you will repair
I reply on your PM.

Thanks
ECU TUNING-TDTUNING Authorized Dealer
MK6 Needle Sweep,MK5 with MK6 Cluster
jetta ,97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2017, 13:10   #182
1.8terrible

TDI(s): 03 1.8t

Wanted to come and say thank you as well to Marin. He helped me out of a very sticky situation with my Jetta.

Long story short, when I bought my car, I was unaware that the used car dealer I bought the car from disabled my CEL. I was unable to pass inspection or get registration for over a year after the registration/inspection that came with the car expired. After taking it to the dealership I was quickly aware that having a vw dealership fix the issues was not an option. Being an unemployed recent graduate, I just don't have that kind of money.

Luckily, I found Marin. He understood my situation and need to get the car passing inspection for job hunting. After dropping off my car Marin was able to repair my damaged instrument cluster (VW wanted to program in a brand new cluster), and get my car inspection ready. Since I left my insurance with him he was even able to take it to a nearby inspection shop, so when I picked up the car I just had to take it for registration. He did all of this for a fraction of what the dealership quoted me.

I cant thank you enough, I went from not being able to really drive the car for over a year, to having it in full working order in a day. If anyone is hesitant about taking your car to Marin, don't be. I don't like just anyone working on my car, but this guy really knows what he is doing and will take care of your vehicle. Can not wait to use him again.
1.8terrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2017, 18:49   #183
voilsb

I forgot to write a review...
A few months ago I took my car to Marin for a timing belt job and some other mods, and he did an excellent job. He also found (and showed me) some damage the dealership had done during a warranty hpfp replacement. Finally, he had the integrity to refuse to do some work that he felt like the risk outweighed the benefits due to what appeared to be sub-par materials.
Excellent, intelligent, professional mechanic who is willing to go the extra mile to explain and demonstrate what's going on with the work he performs with the integrity to ensure his work stands up to his name.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
voilsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2017, 10:06   #184
TonyJetta
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: A5: 36mpg Avg / A6: 39

Marin,
I can't thank you enough for the cluster and ECU work! The engine started on the first key cycle.

All,
I was working on swapping my DSG for a manual, 5sp. Everything was a bolt-in solution, but I wanted the swap to be as original and as trouble free as possible. Consequently, my biggest concern was the ECU, Cluster, Immobilizer, and wiring.

I contacted Marin about recoding my cluster from a DSG to manual, and recoding the donor ECU VIN to match mine.

Everything worked without a problem!

Thanks again!

Tony
Diesel fleet: 2015 Jetta TDI SE DSG; 2006 Jetta, TDI, DSG-5sp Conversion; 2006 DC Cummins, CC/LB/DRW; 1996 Passat TDI, 5sp, Project car! Troubleshooting Links: Trusted TDI Mechanics IP Timing Timing Belt FAQ A3/B4 Low Power Cyl Head Repair Fault Codes What you have just read is an opinion...take it as you see fit!
TonyJetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2017, 07:25   #185
DougZ

Default Avoid him

Read his posts, carefully. Listen to him. Nothing is ever Marin's fault.

I have seen him three times. The last was at G Tech Imports, 13535 Floyd Circle, Dallas, TX 75243. He refused to honor his warranty.

On April 17, 2017 I had my car towed to Marin because the ignition key would not turn and I could not start the car. Marin replaced the ignition cylinder housing. I paid $550.00. His invoice simply states, “All PARTS has 10 months or 10000 mile warranty. All LABOR has 6 months or 6000 miles warranty. No warranty applies if customer provides the parts.”

On June 9, 2017, 53-days later, the ignition key would not turn, again. And this time, the steering wheel was locked. I texted Marin. He quickly replied he was too far away to help and anyway, the problem was entirely my fault: I parked the car improperly; I got out of the car incorrectly; I was not jiggling the steering wheel the right way. He sent me links to a couple YouTube videos describing his point of view. The advice was not useful.

About an hour later, a tow truck arrived and took me and my broken car to the local VW dealership.

After the car was fixed I sent him a copy of the invoice. Marin exclaimed, “They replaced the same part I replaced!” He refused to honor his warranty.

Marin is responsible for nothing.
DougZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2017, 06:55   #186
jetta ,97

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ View Post
Read his posts, carefully. Listen to him. Nothing is ever Marin's fault.

I have seen him three times. The last was at G Tech Imports, 13535 Floyd Circle, Dallas, TX 75243. He refused to honor his warranty.

On April 17, 2017 I had my car towed to Marin because the ignition key would not turn and I could not start the car. Marin replaced the ignition cylinder housing. I paid $550.00. His invoice simply states, “All PARTS has 10 months or 10000 mile warranty. All LABOR has 6 months or 6000 miles warranty. No warranty applies if customer provides the parts.”

On June 9, 2017, 53-days later, the ignition key would not turn, again. And this time, the steering wheel was locked. I texted Marin. He quickly replied he was too far away to help and anyway, the problem was entirely my fault: I parked the car improperly; I got out of the car incorrectly; I was not jiggling the steering wheel the right way. He sent me links to a couple YouTube videos describing his point of view. The advice was not useful.

About an hour later, a tow truck arrived and took me and my broken car to the local VW dealership.

After the car was fixed I sent him a copy of the invoice. Marin exclaimed, “They replaced the same part I replaced!” He refused to honor his warranty.

Marin is responsible for nothing.
For all other users who will read this post I want to say my side story:

This guy what me warranty someone else job, He called me after working hours on Friday and I spend 1.5 hours on the phone between text messages and phone conversation to try to help him. After 1.5 hours I told him I will come on Saturday where car is to see what is going on,and if I can not do anything over there , I will tow to my shop and stay by my warranty .
All of the sudden , He decide to take car to dealer, and after that he want me to stay by my warranty after Dealer did job. He wants me to pay Dealer charge. I told him that does not work like that , you have to bring car back to me , that I will provide job and chnage faulty parts and give a warranty.
I told this guy, If is the same part fail , I will warranty it , do not pay to dealer , I will tow car to my shop and fix it under warranty.If you want to take second a pinion, you can do that , let them diagnose but do not pay for replacement since you have warranty.

I do provide warranty for all costumes , but I do not provide warranty if customer goes somewhere else and someone else do the job, I am not extended warranty company , even if you have extended warranty company they have to approve job first, not just go to any shop, do the job and give them invoice ,
" here I want you to pay me this you guys said you will warranty stuff for X amount of the months and miles".
This is what this guy did , he went to other repair shop , did job, send me invoice and told me I need to pay that , this way he wants me provide my warranty. This does not work anywhere , not just with me.

Last edited by jetta ,97; July 24th, 2017 at 17:31.
Old September 2nd, 2017, 17:16   #187
Renee

TDI(s): 2004 Jetta

looks like you are the go to guy for issues, 2 ECUs for one car, obtaining pins, and great work. to bad I am in CA. I will emails you my questions/issues.
Renée
Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2017, 21:57   #188
jetta ,97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee View Post
looks like you are the go to guy for issues, 2 ECUs for one car, obtaining pins, and great work. to bad I am in CA. I will emails you my questions/issues.
Renée
I got your email.

Thanks