How to remove rear bumper cover B4 sedan

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI SE 6MT 15 GOLF TDI SEL DSG
Need to remover the rear bumper cover on 96 passat sedan, please, help on where to begin, thanks

OilBurnerDE

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat T-Red
There are a few screws on the inner fenders. Also along the bottom where there is a cover over the gas tank.

With that being said, I never took mine off that way. I just let the curb leading to my driveway rip it off once.:eek:

There are clips of sorts that slide into the rear bumper bar that secure it across the back.

When I put mine back on, I just pushed very hard and the bumper went back on.

Maybe someone else may have the proper removal procedure.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Skin only, or bumper beam too? The wheel well edges have to be disconnected, but then the entire beam can be pulled off with the skin attached by removing the 4 bolts in the trunk/cargo area.

Actually, it might be easier to remove the skin by having the beam off the car and the clips accessible from the 'inside'....

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI SE 6MT 15 GOLF TDI SEL DSG
Lug_Nut said:
Skin only, or bumper beam too? The wheel well edges have to be disconnected, but then the entire beam can be pulled off with the skin attached by removing the 4 bolts in the trunk/cargo area.

Actually, it might be easier to remove the skin by having the beam off the car and the clips accessible from the 'inside'....
skin ( plastic)