What did you do to your car today?

NB_TDi

Vendor
TDI
2014 Jetta SE
Replaced my burnt out license plate light, and one good one. Both replaced with LEDs.

I think they are too bright, they light up the ground around the bumper.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
New Bosch wiper blades last weekend, and it rained hard yesterday. I could see!

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Installed my Stainless steel ======GOLF TDI====== Door sills.

of course it was a 4 door set that I bought so I have the two small ones left with nothing to do. perhaps Ill make some EGR Blockoff shims with them :)

pics later when it quits raining.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
The 2009 Jetta had it's first oil change today with a refill of M1 ESP 507.00 oil.

Installed the DG skid plate. Very nice.

Still have to put in the Frostheater. Will be putting on the hood protector at the Asheville GTG next weekend before heading on to the beach.

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
I see you on VW Vortex trying to snag the R32 seats I've been looking for for months....

Savageman69 said:
Installed full gli trim kit...and 3 spoke wheel

Also ordered....r32 floor mats and Rline shifter and silver trim. Also looking for gli seats. Any other suggestions welcome.

NB_TDi

Vendor
TDI
2014 Jetta SE

ecodean

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf, 85 jetta(sold), 03 jetta(sold)
Installed my PD150 airbox to turbo plumbing as well as a PD150 intake manifold. Now I just have to get Jeff (RocketChip) to upgrade my tune at the Ashville GTG:D .

BolaB4V

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 passat tdi wagon, 97 F-150 XLT 4x4, 99.5 Mk4 Jetta VR6/5M
Installed new fr. door handle -replaced one of the cracked speaker grills while door panel was off. Had a b*$%tch of a time adjusting the pushlever part to open /shut and lock. Maybe tomrrow will order tie rod assemblies to go with strut job comeing up in next week or so...

penclnck

Put wife's Jetta back together today, got rained on last week, sunroof leaked and there was a nice wading pool for the left rear passenger.:( Pulled driver's seat up, pulled carpet up and dried out. Used some sort of "heavy duty" type frabreeze or whatever to get rid of the sour smell in the car. Detailed the interior while I was at it. 3 days later, she will of trashed it again.

Now looking foward to future sunroof frame swap.

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Cranked up the pressure on my w/m pump and fixed a dripping line. Now it's working like it should have been. Did some EGT tests on the fwy and just happened to stumble upon 3 unsuspecting Pious owners :eek: :D

Last edited:

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
tothemax said:
Your new interior GREAT Savageman69 ! ... now I'm gonna have to keep up with the Savagemen's
Thanks man...its just a start ive got big plans for the interior yet.

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Picked a flying chair off my hood.

Just had a steel chair fly off my roof right into my windshield/ hood and fender. Now I need a new windshield and a body/ paint job on my hood and fender.

Wind blew it off right as we (my wife and I) were walking towards the house last night. Could have killed one of us, instead it smashed my car.

I have my teenage son to thank for that nice gift. I asked him to take the stupid thing down but assumed he did so instead of checking for myself. I'll never make that mistake again.

Last edited:

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
tothemax said:
Just had a steel chair fly off my roof right into my windshield/ hood and fender. Now I need a new windshield and a body/ paint job on my hood and fender.

Wind blew it off right as we (my wife and I) were walking towards the house last night. Could have killed one of us, instead it smashed my car.

I have my teenage son so thank for that nice gift. I asked him to take the stupid thing down but assumed he did so instead of checking for myself. I'll never make that mistake again.

Ahem ahem.... Carbon hood.... ahem.... grille badge delete.... ahem...

The trick to this is to look at it as an opportunity....

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
....tnx for pointing out the good side...

+ no one was hurt...

oldpoopie said:
Ahem ahem.... Carbon hood.... ahem.... grille badge delete.... ahem...

Shawnz

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta GLS TDI, ex-O1M
Today I pulled my intake from the vat of bio I soaked it in over night. Sadly this just made the gunk gooey. I scrubbed and got the inlet side looking pretty good but I can still see the crap where the neck turns into the plennum and the intake runners don't look all that great either. I'm going to use the torch method and then get it back on the car tonight.

Last edited:

Mike96ZJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
To clean my intake I bought a dryer lint brush from Lowes. The bush is flexible and just about perfect for cleaning these intakes. Just wear clothes you arent going to be upset if you have to throw them away.

A_Shifter

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI
Shawnz said:
Today I pulled my intake from the vat of bio I soaked it in over night. Sadly this just made the gunk gooey. I scrubbed and got the inlet side looking pretty good but I can still see the crap where the neck turns into the plennum and the intake runners don't look all that great either. I'm going to use the torch method and then get it back on the car tonight.
Try using an old hacksaw blade with a nice round bend on one end. Scrape with the smooth side. (courtesy of my local TDI Guru, SCarroll)

Mike96ZJ said:
To clean my intake I bought a dryer lint brush from Lowes. The bush is flexible and just about perfect for cleaning these intakes.
Have to add that one to the ol' toolbox next time.

Last edited:

Shawnz

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta GLS TDI, ex-O1M
Mike96ZJ said:
To clean my intake I bought a dryer lint brush from Lowes. The bush is flexible and just about perfect for cleaning these intakes. Just wear clothes you arent going to be upset if you have to throw them away.
I got this job done tonight.

Thanks for the suggestion on these brushes. I bought the 2-brush kit and it worked out quite well.

I have my high RPM performance again! :D

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
tothemax said:

I have my teenage son to thank for that nice gift. I asked him to take the stupid thing down but assumed he did so instead of checking for myself. I'll never make that mistake again.

Call your insurance company and file a claim.;)

What the heck was a chair doing on your roof?:confused:

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
oldpoopie said:
Opportunity, yes, carbon, no! Carbon is way to ricy, and it's no lighter than OEM from what I've seen. However, you could delete the VW emblem if you wanted AND spray the whole car in fresh white including a complete R32 body kit :cool: That's what I'd do. Take the insurance money to paint the 3 panels, and just apply that towards the whole car LOL.