2014 Passat TDI se with sunroof Wolfsburg edition

TDrIver14

TDI
2014 VW Passat TDI SE with Sunroof
Hey all. Back in September of 2014 I bought a brand new Passat TDI se with sunroof. I must say that I am really enjoying this car! It's my Fisrt diesel and I am very impressed with the drivetrain. I do have a question that has been on my mind. The car I bought has Wolfsburg edition badging. I haven't seen this badging on other tdi's. Has anyone else seen this badging on a TDI? My curious mind would like to know.

Thanks

Herkguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 passat SE sun/nav
I am not familiar with a Wolfsburg TDI edition. You can buy the badges, so maybe the dealer installed them. They are nice badges. I'm not sure why they don't offer a specific package for the TDI, of course I wish they made a TDI sport package so we could get the two tone interior. :D

You'll find half the fun of owning these is customizing it to what options you want. Everyone has their own tastes but there are a lot of options both factory and aftermarket.

I think the Wolfsburg badge is a nice reminder that the heart of the car comes from Germany even though it's made here.

TDrIver14

TDI
2014 VW Passat TDI SE with Sunroof
I was thinkiy the same thing. Figure the dealer stuck the badges on there. Just not sure if it was on purpose or accident

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Dealers add badges for whatever reason sometimes. There is a brand new Tiguan FWD with 4Motion badges on it at Sheehy VW in Springfield, VA right now. :rolleyes:

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
I had a loaner (gas) that was a Wolfsburg Edition. From what I could tell, it was more of an S model, rather than an SE. Basic radio, little chrome, no heated mirrors, other little things. I don't think you could get a moonroof in it, sounds like someone added some badges. :p

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Wolfsburg is a 1.8T gas engine with a trim level between S and SE.

nord

Veteran Member
TDI
All turned back to VW. Now a 2017 Hundai Tuscon. Not a single squalk in 10k miles.
Or... Production line snafu. Somebody wasn't thinking and the car became a one off Wolfsburg TDI.

hudsonian

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat Highline TDI
I was at my dealer recently, they had an SE Wolfsburg edition that was priced as an SE but looked better equipped than my SEL. It had two tone seats (black and cream I think), premium nav, back up camera, much nicer wheels, 19" I think etc etc, all for much lower price than my SEL.

I am thinking the Wolfsburg is a factory special addition to shift more cars... I may be wrong.

Herkguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 passat SE sun/nav
Wow, that is a loaded out TDI, dang where was the two tone interior option when I was buying. Can we even get this combo in the US?:confused:

Skillet64

TDI
2013 passant tdi sel
Found one at dealer in Tallahassee. 1.8 motor. Tdi not available. Interior was cool. I hate my dinca inserts!!

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Oh yeah, Canada gets all kinds of options that the US doesn't get.

hudsonian

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat Highline TDI
Wow, that is a loaded out TDI, dang where was the two tone interior option when I was buying. Can we even get this combo in the US?:confused:
Yes, the two tone interior cought my attention in the show room. This car looked so nice, I wish this car option was available when I bought my 2013 from the same dealer :(

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
AHA! So, VW North America DOES market a two-tone seat interior. for the NMS Passat. I thought only the CC had the two-tone seats.

Hmmm...wonder what security is like at the plant in TN. Maybe I'll try to sneak in and snag a set for my 2014.