www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Eastern USA

Eastern USA Local discussions for those in the Eastern USA. (Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, Washington, DC. New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia)

Old May 4th, 2018, 09:22   #1
werdna

Default Good glass shops for a windshield? (near Boston would be nice, but not essential)

Anybody got a glass shop they like? Most recently I used a guy (Don Cotton, Village Glasssmith) who was super-fussy and was able to get good OEM glass without a ridiculous upcharge, but he's out of the business. I've had a bunch of bad experiences with crappy installation jobs and aftermarket windshields that I'm hoping for somebody who will do it right the first time.

I'm near Boston but I'm willing to travel; I'm up and down the east coast a lot, though if there are chains to go to or avoid I'd also be happy to hear. Thanks for any clues!
Old May 4th, 2018, 13:33   #2
1854sailor
Resident Curmudgeon

Fuel Economy: Great!

I lived in Waltham over 30 years ago and used a company called Phillips Auto Glass for windshields on a couple of Volvos that I had back then. Just did a Google Search and they are still in business, so they must be good.
Old May 14th, 2018, 09:45   #3
DieselCk

I had the windshield on my 2005 Jetta replaced by JN Phillips in Acton, MA. They seemed to have done a good job, I haven't had any problems. They say they use glass from an OEM supplier, but can't apply a VW label. I asked the guys in the shop about this and they showed me that the replacement windshield was made by Saint Gobain, and that the other OEM windows on the car were made by Saint Gobain as well.
DieselCk is offline   Reply With Quote