1.4 TDI tuning/info

intaketommy

TDI
VW Polo PD130
A Lupo 1.2 TDI has a 085 gearbox. It can only hold 180Nm. So we limited the torque to 220-240Nm. At the moment we don't need any new clutch.

Welington K.

TDI
VW Polo 1.4 TDI
oh i see man i think im gonna have to do the same thing with my polo, people had said that it starts to slip at 250 gonna try my luck with limiting to 300 and see how long i can run without switching to a different material

DkZ

TDI
Scirocco 2.0tdi 197bhp ( 140 stock )
oh i see man i think im gonna have to do the same thing with my polo, people had said that it starts to slip at 250 gonna try my luck with limiting to 300 and see how long i can run without switching to a different material
Dont put that much man, i had 265nm on my old Polo 9n 1.4TDI 2004 and it sliped like hell, i had to tune down to 250nm since it was undrivable on climbing roads, and even so, with 250nm it sliped sometimes, but not has bad as with 265nm.

Last edited:

Welington K.

TDI
VW Polo 1.4 TDI
I see pal what did you do to it ? Regarding the clutch problem did you manage to get it sorted ?

biohaufen

TDI
Audi A2 1.4 TDI AMF
I see pal what did you do to it ? Regarding the clutch problem did you manage to get it sorted ?
I'm still searching for a solution too.
Running a GT1749V since June 2016, but just 1mg more injection in low rpms already result in heavy clutch slipping.

Welington K.

TDI
VW Polo 1.4 TDI
thats not good man i wonder if the saches performance one would help the case a little, do you think even with a brand new clutch it will still slip badly ?

Snuupy

TDI
VW POLO 6N2 1.4TDI AMF PD
thats not good man i wonder if the saches performance one would help the case a little, do you think even with a brand new clutch it will still slip badly ?
I have the same question? What clutch the tuned 1.4TDI's use? I see a stage 3 Black Diamond: http://www.venommotorsport.com/product/brakes/BR50213/

But is too expensive.. Now I remapped my car, and is about 105hp and 250Nm of torque and pick sometime to 280Nm. I want to make it about 150h.p. What do I need? Bigger intercooler? Bigger turbo or hybrid? The injectors can hold it 150h.p. or no? Thanks for every information you have, cuz in Bulgaria we don't any, cuz nobody tuning this engines.. everybody tuning 1.9TDI, but I love my car and I want to be different ! :) Tnx !

DkZ

TDI
I have the same question? What clutch the tuned 1.4TDI's use? I see a stage 3 Black Diamond: http://www.venommotorsport.com/product/brakes/BR50213/
But is too expensive.. Now I remapped my car, and is about 105hp and 250Nm of torque and pick sometime to 280Nm. I want to make it about 150h.p. What do I need? Bigger intercooler? Bigger turbo or hybrid? The injectors can hold it 150h.p. or no? Thanks for every information you have, cuz in Bulgaria we don't any, cuz nobody tuning this engines.. everybody tuning 1.9TDI, but I love my car and I want to be different ! :) Tnx !
The receipe for this engine is the same for any 1.9tdi PD, just cut 1/4 of power output regarding the lack of one cylinder, so any project that you see of a 1.9tdi PD with 200hp, is fine to do 150hp on the 1.4tdi ;) be carefull with the clutch, you should buy a stage 3 performance clush for the car.

I recomend you to get a Black Diamond kit stage 3 for that power output:
https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/che...addle-performance-clutch-kits/bdc7849pdl.html

then for that power i recommend the following parts:

-GT1749V
-PD150 injectors
-bigger IC ( audi S3 for example )
-Remap

you should achieve arround 150hp and 340nm with this and you will have a pocket rocket :D

Last edited:

Snuupy

TDI
The receipe for this engine is the same for any 1.9tdi PD, just cut 1/4 of power output regarding the lack of one cylinder, so any project that you see of a 1.9tdi PD with 200hp, is fine to do 150hp on the 1.4tdi ;) be carefull with the clutch, you should buy a stage 3 performance clush for the car.

I recomend you to get a Black Diamond kit stage 3 for that power output:
https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/che...addle-performance-clutch-kits/bdc7849pdl.html

then for that power i recommend the following parts:

-GT1749V
-PD150 injectors
-bigger IC ( audi S3 for example )
-Remap

you should achieve arround 150hp and 340nm with this and you will have a pocket rocket :D
Thanks for the information, but the GT1749V is a VNT turbo, right? Mine stock turbo is Westgate... how to put VNT?

DkZ

TDI
Thanks for the information, but the GT1749V is a VNT turbo, right? Mine stock turbo is Westgate... how to put VNT?
Normally a turbo specialized house know how to convert them to vacuum, you should try to find one on you're country, or on internet, just buy one already converted and you save time and money :cool:

Talk with the user @biohaufen and ask how he did it, you can find him on this thread, he has one installed on his car :)

Last edited:

Snuupy

TDI
Normally a turbo specialized house know how to convert them to vacuum, you should try to find one on you're country, or on internet, just buy one already converted and you save time and money :cool:

Talk with the user @biohaufen and ask how he did it, you can find him on this thread, he has one installed on his car :)
Ok, thanks. But you're sure the engine will hold 150-160h.p. with stock internals? And the cylinders is the same size like 1.9TDI 101h.p. , and the pistons is the same?

P.S. - I talk to my mapper and he said, he can make me hybrid turbo 1752, we think the right pressure will be at 1.5bar, but will see, I dont want to blow the engine...

Last edited:

Welington K.

TDI
VW Polo 1.4 TDI
Hello there everyone glad to see more people doing stuff to their 1.4 tdi, got my clutch for 275 from a eBay company rated to 430nm so all good there, going for the same formula here pd130 injectors and pd115 turbo and instead of converting the turbo to wg I'm converting the ECU to a vnt turbo as it can be done easily apparently

biohaufen

TDI
Audi A2 1.4 TDI AMF
Hello there everyone glad to see more people doing stuff to their 1.4 tdi, got my clutch for 275 from a eBay company rated to 430nm so all good there, going for the same formula here pd130 injectors and pd115 turbo and instead of converting the turbo to wg I'm converting the ECU to a vnt turbo as it can be done easily apparently
Which clutch did you buy?

biohaufen

TDI
Audi A2 1.4 TDI AMF
For newcomers who want to upgrade to a VNT turbo.

I think it would be perfectly possible to bolt a VNT17 on the 1.2 TDI manifold, which should fit the 1.4 tdi cylinder head.

Maybe the GTC1549VZ fits the AMF manifold, did someone check?

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
Same goes for newer 1.2 cr.

1.6/2.0 tdi oval port top mount turbo (mk7) fits pnp, good upgrade would be the 1.6 tdi unit

Turbo Z

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A2 mercedes c270

intaketommy

TDI
VW Polo PD130
At the moment around 1,6bar .... still more air mass available ...need more fueling. We will tweak it to max out turbo and injectors.

Acceleration in 5.gear is crazy ... pulls like a dream! Engine runs very smooth with this setup.

So this Lupo 3L ecocar is a very bad ass sleeper :cool:

Turbo Z

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A2 mercedes c270
what is the original boost?
and what about fuel consumption after tuning?

Last edited:

biohaufen

TDI
Audi A2 1.4 TDI AMF
Maybe this is interesting for some of you.
At the end of the month my 1.4 TDI is finally ready to get into my car again.

It has been bored to 81mm, got BHW pistons and H-style conrods.
I have chosen a GTC1549VZ, as I got a new one for just 180€. :)
The limiting factor will definitely be the nozzles, as it only has 520cc PD1.1 fitted.

Quite a few other things have been changed too, like the oil- and intercooler (and boost pipes), the clutch etc.

I will post again how the car runs, when all is finished and it's up running.
(As for now I'm only targeting 140-150hp)

Snuupy

TDI
Hello, guys. Today I was in tuning garage and the guy there tell me this:
- Turbo 1749v with moniford and we will cut the forth runner.
- ARL nozzles 550cc
- Bigger intercooler
- Remap

But this turbo is good for about 1.3 bar? Right? I want to make the car about 180h.p. What turbo do you recommend?

Snuupy

TDI
Is not fun man, haha. What turbo do you recommend to 180h.p? 1749 may be is not the best choice, but bigger turbo will spool later than 2000rpm?

Snuupy

TDI