9th Annual Detroit Auto Show GTG - NAIAS 2016 - January 16 (aka WINTERFEST)

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Update: We have four hotel rooms sold and six left in the block. Twelve individuals have indicated that they would like rooms on the event survey (two more than are in our block).

If you are staying at the hotel, please make your reservation so that I can increase the room block if necessary before there are no more rooms available. This is especially important since we have concierge level rooms.

The hotel reservations link with our group discount is in the first post of this thread. Also in the first post is the event attendance survey. Please make sure you fill this out so I know how many people are attending the event, how many group auto show tickets to buy, and how many reservations to make dinner for.

Thanks! :)

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Sorry, I keep forgetting to book rooms. I'll do it tonight. I don't have my Marriott number here and want to include that in the reservation.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Booked. Reservations couldn't guarantee rooms with two double beds. I'd prefer that even if it means not being on the concierge floor.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Booked. Reservations couldn't guarantee rooms with two double beds. I'd prefer that even if it means not being on the concierge floor.
They can make that accommodation when you check in as long as there are double beds available in the building. There are a limited number of them on the concierge level.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Update: Ten hotel rooms have been booked and the reservations department just added five more for us. Thank you to everyone who made their reservations early. :cool:

If you'd like to reserve a room at the Ann Arbor Marriott (Ypsilanti) for the auto show GTG, there is a reservations link in the first post.

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
I booked my hotel, but haven't completed the survey. That is too much commitment for me.

I read about the LA Auto Yawn in USA Today today. I sure hope a lot changes between now and January, or that BMW unlocks their cars this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
The only friends who really matter will be in Detroit. ;)
*sigh* Then that makes Matt and I REALLY lame, and definitely not friends that matter. Unless a financial windfall in excess of 4k makes itself known to us in the next week, there's NO WAY we can make it. When we thought we were going to get our permit before Thanksgiving, we thought we MIGHT be able to make it. We even considered driving. But after looking at the forecasts (TOO MUCH SNOW) and our finances, it's simply not feasible. I mean today is the 9th, and we're still trying to get the money together for our rents for December...let alone January and the 2-3k on this trip airfare, rental car, breakfasts, etc included.

Sorry, y'all. Hopefully next year. I'm really sorry to Bkmetz. I know I bugged the hell out of you after you didn't come last year, and here I am not making it this year. This also would've been Matt's 20th consecutive year of making the show. I feel the worst for him.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Heads up, our room hold expires on December 18th. If you're planning on attending this GTG and you'd like a place to stay, I'd recommend making your hotel reservation in the next couple of days. A direct link for making reservations is in the first post of this thread. :)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Today is the last day for our room block. If you want a hotel room, I recommend booking it today. If your plans fall through, you can always cancel.

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
I filled out my survey a while ago. As long as IBW is going, I plan to tag along and provide running commentary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I filled out my survey a while ago. As long as IBW is going, I plan to tag along and provide running commentary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hey Chris,

Sorry, but I don't have any survey results for you. :eek:

Would you mind completing it again by clicking this link?