Engine air filter , 2006 with BRM engine

Crosley

TDI
Sold
I've been looking around for an air filter part number for my Jetta TDI. Other than World Impex and the dealer I do not find any available engine air filter.

I have found a Fram part number CA8602 listed for a 2006 Jetta TDI... this filter is near twice the width of the air filter in my Jetta with the BRM engine.

Race Pages.com shows a Fram air hog #AHPPA8602 for the BRM engine for $28.00. THe CSK web site shows the same Fram filter number at $76.00 special order . I doubt this filter is the correct filter for my Jetta.

Carquest tells me the engine air filter for my Jetta is listed as " under development".

With 25k miles on the car the air filter is in good shape. I am looking for other sources for this part at this point.

How about sources for the cabin air filter?

:cool:

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
I know of NO other sources right now. I would think they will be along
shortly. I think I will stay with the OEM stuff for my own car. The
consensus here is that the filter is more than good enough re: air flow and
filtration for these engines. In other words, there is nothing to be gained
by using other than OEM parts at this time.
At least one of the VERY knowledgeable guys here advises not to disturb
the air filter unless you are replacing it. (You risk a leaky reseal on the filter)

HTH

Bill

farfrumsanity

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta-2005 Reflex Silver A-5
Purolator shows that the A14622 and the A15622 (cold weather package) fit the BRM 2006 TDI. The gasser shows a different number filter. I have not been able to find these filters, but with 10,000 miles on my car it is not critical yet. My VW dealer does not have the air filter in stock. Purolator also shows C35586 as the cabin air filter and L38113 as the oil filter. Wix has the oil filter,57083, Napa uses Wix and I think their number is 7083, and they used to show that the gasser and diesel used the same air filter, but they only show an air filter fitting the gasser now. I have used the Wix oil filters and they fit. My original oil filter was zig zag media, but another post had that the type of filter installed at the factory could have been straight pleated, depending on the supplier that was used.

Last edited:

n2carz

TDI
2006 Jetta 5-sp, 2006 Jetta DSG
cold version air filter

What is the difference between the cold weather air filter and the non? How do you know if you have the cold version? Anyone have pics comparing the 2? I assume it is to curb ice formation (thus blocking air flow...)

wjdell

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG PKG 1 17" VV Campy White/Beige
there are filters out there - some consider 2 YO only half of a filters life.