EGR Fail

Ddbass

TDI
2013 Q7 PP
My fixed 13 Q7 died in Atlanta Monday. Started chugging, no power, so got it to the side of the road, dead. Got it hauled to Audi. Turns out the EGR failed in the open position, totally carbonated the intake, blocket the cat converter, which blew out a hole, took out the ad blue pump, and other damage. All will be covered by the new 100k mile warranty, but it may take weeks. Cat is backordered nationwide. They gave me a 2018 Q5 courtesy car with 43 miles on it to drive. Nice car bt it wont do what the 7 will do, and gets worse milage. Wondering if the EGR fail was die to the New program and fix.

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
My fixed 13 Q7 died in Atlanta Monday. Started chugging, no power, so got it to the side of the road, dead. Got it hauled to Audi. Turns out the EGR failed in the open position, totally carbonated the intake, blocket the cat converter, which blew out a hole, took out the ad blue pump, and other damage. All will be covered by the new 100k mile warranty, but it may take weeks. Cat is backordered nationwide. They gave me a 2018 Q5 courtesy car with 43 miles on it to drive. Nice car bt it wont do what the 7 will do, and gets worse milage. Wondering if the EGR fail was die to the New program and fix.
I would not be at all surprised. All the emissions components are under increased load because of the fix. It was one of VWAG’s motivations in engineering the cheat (keeping warranty repair cost down), another being, of course, getting around the EPA. Clearly that strategy has blown up in their face. They will be fixing blown CAT’s and pumps and the like for quite a long time. To their credit, they are stepping up, and gave you a very nice loaner car.