Mineral oil as fuel additive???

rodney02

I was just wondering if adding light mineral oil to diesel fuel would add lubricity?
I'm asking this because Marvel Mystery Oil is mostly mineral oil and many people say its great stuff. It would make an inexpensive lubricant!
Comments welcome

tadc

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf GLS TDI, '01, Black
Isn't "mineral oil" just a generic term for any petroleum-based oil? There could be some wide variations between various "mineral oils".

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
rodney, in all seriousness, if you are truly concerned with lubricity, get youself a gallon of SoyShield or a gallon of B100 and you'll be way ahead.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Steve, I suspect the majority of mainstream additives would have some lubrication enhancer.

<font color="orange"> Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost:
</font>

[ QUOTE ]
<ul type="square"> [*]Prevents fuel gelling in temperatures as low as -40°F. - No Gelling Guaranteed!*

[*]Equals the performance of a 50/50 blend of No. 2 and No. 1 diesel fuels
[*]Lowers Cold-Filter Plugging Point (CFPP) as much as 36°F. - keeps fuel-filters from plugging with wax
[*]Contains anti-icing additives - protects against fuel-filter icing
[*]Boosts cetane up to 4 numbers - provides smoother engine performance with less power lag and easier cold starts
[*]Cleans injectors - exceeds engine manufacturer’s specifications
[*]Reduces emissions and black exhaust smoke
[*]Increases power
[*]Decreases fuel consumption - fuel savings exceed cost of additive
[*]Lubricates fuel injection pumps and injectors - reduces wear
[*]Prevents thermal breakdown of diesel fuel - protects against sludge formation that plugs fuel-filters and injectors
[*]Does not contain any alcohol of any kind [/list]

[/ QUOTE ]

*see their website for details /images/graemlins/crazy.gif