2001 Beetle in Denver - selling advice?

UFO

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle
I need to sell my 2001 Beetle TDI, but it needs some work. It is due for timing belt and the water pump is leaking, so I have stopped driving it.

It has 196k miles, was originally an automatic, now it has the 02J 5 speed. Anuthee in Golden did the timing belt at 100k, and retuned the ECU for the transmission swap, and I could not be happier with his work. The car has new Michelins, new brake rotors, brake pads, and struts front and rear. I also replaced the front control arms and bushings, and had it realigned, all this summer. I cleaned the intake and replaced the leaky EGR valve.

It's also got some nice add-ons like an aluminum skid plate and Dieselgeek short shifter, but I need to sell the car for a new truck. I'm looking for suggestions on whether to fix it and sell it or sell it to someone who can do the repairs it needs now.

The car is in otherwise good condition, but the clearcoat is looking bad, it has some hail damage and the left fender is scraped. No accidents, and the alignment is excellent.

UFO

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle
I will post some pictures later, and if anyone wants to see it in person, I'd be happy to show it. I just don't know what the selling price is before and after having the timing belt and water pump replaced...