2004 VW Jetta GLS TDI, Automatic (Tiptronic 5-speed) - 145k - Southwest Missouri

yosso

TDI
2004 Jetta

SOLD, PENDING PAYMENT. THANKS FOR LOOKING.

Background, i.e. reason for selling:
In an attempt to simplify, I am trying to get a daily driver that will replace the urge to ride my motorcycle, and thusly allow me to sell said motorcycle (2000 Ducati Monster 750, in case you're also needing a Ducati) with a Miata. I'll take a $10.00 surcharge in weekly fuel costs, but at least I'll be safe from crashing (again) a motorcycle.​
Car History:
I am the second owner, the car was purchased in a private party sale from the original owner while I lived in central Arkansas. The car had roughly 59K when purchased in July of 2007 (wow, it's been three years already). Anyway, I was able to confirm that first 4 oil changes were done at the dealer and the last by the previous owner's personal mechanic. I do have a summary sheet that from the dealer that shows the maintenance history of the car before purchased.​
Maintenance:
I have ran UOA at every oil change, and I can scan and send a pdf of all the reports (Blackstone Laboratories).​
I have done all the oil changes and other maintenance items at home but the timing belt and water pump were changed at 100K by Franko6 in Lockwood, MO.​
I do have all receipts from the maintenance, i.e oil from IDparts.com and so on and so forth.​
Vehicle Specification:
Engine: 1.9L Turbo Diesel
Transmission: 5-speed Tiptronic Automatic
Drivetrain: FWD
Mileage: 145,xxx (goes up 600 miles every workweek)
VIN: 3VWSR69M04M063672​
Standard Factory Equipment
ABS
ESP
Dual front air bages
Front side air bags
Power steering
Power door locks and windows
Air conditioniing
Cruise Control
Tilt wheel
Single CD and cassette​
Optional Factory Equipment:
Alloy wheels
Moon roof/sun roof
Premium sound​
Aftermarket Equipment:
Scan-gage II (woo hoo)​
Good Stuff:
Non-smoking owner (both the original owner and me).​
It does have new tires (installed in June), Conti-Pro Contacts.​
The cams were inspected back in April by vwjettadsl and were given a clean bill of health, but he recommended that I do the bearing retro-fit sometime in the future. But due to over-spending on the Ducati, that has yet to happen. I do have a quote, from Franko6, but was waiting until my budget recovered from the Italian money-pit.​
Not so Good Stuff:
The coolant lines at the transmission cooler are seeping, and I've yet to address the problem. I did purchase a pair of remote pliers that would make it easier to remove and replace the clamps with hose clamps, but it's been easier to just add distilled water (twice in the last 5,000 miles).​
The car has a multitude of bug induced paint chips on the front bumper and a few on the hood.
I had to have some PDR work done on the left rear door due to my stupidity while backing the car into the garage, and I need to re-install the chrome molding again.​
There is one door ding on the left rear quarter behind the rear tire.​
The rear of the chrome trip on the right front door is lifting slightly.​
The car is still on it's original battery, so I'm sure it should be replaced before something dire occurs.​
Price: $7300 (does not include Scangage II)
(Priced dropped from $7600 on 8/6/10)
Pictures:

Last edited:

yosso

TDI
2004 Jetta
Any feedback on the price?

Any questions?

Anyone need a Ducati Monster? :D

Priced too high, too low?

yosso

TDI
2004 Jetta
Weekly update...

OIL HISTORY:
  • 130k & 140K Pento HP II 5w40
  • 120k Pento HP II 5w40
  • 110 Pento HP II 5w40
  • 100k Totalquartz MC3 5w30
  • 90k Totalquartz MC3 5w30
  • 80k Pentosynth TS 5w40
  • 70k Pentosynth TS 5w40
  • 60k ZVW-352-162-Q oil from the VW dealer

I've got both key fobs and the valet key. One key fob has never been used, and the other, well it's been used.

I'll meet the buyer at the Kansas City or Tulsa airports.

Any questions or comments?

Last edited:

bigsexyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 NB, '04 Jetta
I will just say as a general comment that that price seems dirt cheap to me... I wouldn't want to sell mine for less. GLWS man.

yosso

TDI
2004 Jetta
I will just say as a general comment that that price seems dirt cheap to me... I wouldn't want to sell mine for less. GLWS man.
My wife is giving me grief about selling...and she's usually right. So I've been re-thinking the whole Miata commuter change. :D