Registration????

Status
Not open for further replies.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
I just meet with some of the organizers today. While the new registration system is taking longer to get active they they anticipated it should be up very soon now (and more comprehensive). I'll let them provide the details, but things should get rolling really quickly now.

Thanks for your patience.

Last edited:

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
Yes we met today and had some very good discussions. The registration page will be very complete and easy to use. Its coming! And it will be a great Fest!

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
tomo366 said:
It's April 1st........No registration page yet folks.......:confused:
Time is growing short.
It's only 152 days away as of today - sounds like someone is getting impatient! :p

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
The new registration page is on the way. The committee has been really trying to 'git r dun' with all speed. The new page will allow future fests to use this system. As with all things the first go around takes the time.

I just returned from Montreal and seeing Fred. I was greeted at the hotel in English & all the resteraunts we went to are bi lingual.

This will be a great Fest with an international flavor..

At the border be polite be honest answer the questions provide your documentation and you will be on your way.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
At the border be polite be honest answer the questions provide your documentation and you will be on your way
Yes, I recently drove through Canada to a G2G, and had no problems whatsoever. I wasn't even questioned about the pile of blankets and crap I had in the back seat. Though the custom's agent in NY did think it strange my license plate starts with a 3... oh well :p

-Jason

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
I figure you are down to counting hours at this point!:D

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Tomo soon that old organization whis is so full of apathy will lose one of its best. So a new door will open. MAKE sure that the old one does not hit you in the rear as you exit. Govt work is not what it used to be..
'as RR'

Last edited:

Spartan1320

TDI
2000 golf Bought in germany
when are we gonna have registration i need to know how much its gonna cost

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
HamsterD the veteran member: I have to agree... at least post a list of costs so that folks can plan and budget to even make the Fest.

Please - post it before folks allocate all their $$$ to new mods instead of coming to the Fest!

HamsterD the 2007 Fest U.S. Vendor Coordinator: The Fest registration page is being constructed as an entirely new website that will handle registration similar to purchasing items online, complete with 'shopping cart'. The website will be bilingual and (from what I hear) should be able to handle transactions in US dollars and CND. I believe the bilingual-ness (both language and currency) is what's holding things up.

I am ONLY responsible for vendors coming to the Fest from the US this year...I have nothing to do with registrations or anything else for that matter!

BUT - I feel badly that no one on the committee has posted this type of update yet, so here you go - this is all I know...:eek:

Last edited:

TDIinRI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GOLF silver
The website is forthcomming. It will be in English at first with French following within a week. However, the transactions will be in Canadian Dollars ONLY. This should not be an issue for US members as your credit card company will handle the exchange.

beachkokopelli

Veteran Member
TDI
VW 2003 Beetle
The Canadians have the Queen on the currency for a reason you know ;) Of course they speak English. Like there's any other language!!

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
OK, It is now May 1st........I started this thread April 1st......
I have heard the promises but see no action......

I am not trying to cause problems but I have a concern............:(

Last edited:

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
The only thing selling the Fest is the City itself.....so far.

I want to say more but.... Sigh

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
Its coming guys, should be up by next week. Tomo we expect you to be the first to register:p

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I spoke with Tom (tdinRI) at lenght on Saturday at the Impex Fest! He assured me that the Page will be up this week and when that Happens I hope to be the 1st to register.....
It will be good!! :)

TDIinRI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GOLF silver
I have had some issues with the final formatting and getting all the paypal stuff to work proerly. It is being worked on and will be completed post haste! However, this years committee did take on a bit more than we should have in setting up this site.

In the future, this will make things a lot easier for fest organisers, however, it has been a lot for us. We in essence did reinvent the wheel on this one. However, Lots is going on behind the scenes that is not being communicated to you folks.

I appologise for not communicating more info more often. My focus has been on getting this going. If anyone has any specific questions, PM me. I will forward your questions and concerns to the appropriate member of the fest committe to get your questions answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.