POST YOUR DYNOS

ScottyP5947

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 New Beetle
I wish I had a dyno to respond with, but I do not yet! I have not seen one with a 1.9 non PD with only a upsolute chip. Either way, a lot of people here like things to be 'right' so I just want to point out that it is "lb-ft" not "ft-lbs" that is the standard measure of torque. A foot pound is a British unit of measure for the energy required to lift one pound one foot off of the ground. A pound foot is the twisting force created on the end of a one foot bar with one pound of force pushing on the other end , torque. Oh well, it's torque's twisted tale...we'd all be better off saying newton-meter anyway!! lol
Scott

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
This is the result of changing out my 10mm injector pump with an 11mm head to a full 11mm pump. With the old setup I was running 176 HP and 344 ft/lbs. With the new pump I'm at 185 HP and 370 ft/lbs. This is a nice jump. In all fairness I believe the old pump with the 11mm head was begining to fail so someone with a properly working pump with the 11mm head may have a different set of numbers.

Of course I want to thank Jeff of RocketChip for such a great performer (running an RC 4) and many others on this board including Oldman for the info on the PD 150 turbo and of course Herm for helping me straightening out a timing issue. Last but not least Jake and Rick of Rennen Performance for putting up with my never ending requests for help with my TDI when what they really want to do is work on VW gassers. And finally all the great help the TDIClub has provided. Thanks to everyone, I couldn't have done this without all your help.

I'm still above 40 MPG (something like 42-44) and the car is a great everyday driver. What's next? Maybe a cam or some of Kerma's Race 520 injectors who knows...

Davin

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS 5spd blk/blk
How much boost on the PD150 turbo? Also, are those uncorrected numbers or has a correction been applied (uncorrected numbers should be used).

Nice curve!!!

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Thanks everyone! I couldn't be more happy with both the curve (or lack thereof) and driveability of the car. Davin, the boost was set for 28psi and it just held steady there for all 3 runs. The numbers on this run (the best of the 3) are uncorrected. They ranged from 184.7 HP and 368.something ft/lbs up to the final run with the numbers shown. I have a hell of a time keeping the driver from touching the steering wheel. On the first run he grabbed the wheel (which is pretty natural) and I got 166 HP. Just a slight pressure on the wheel and the tires turn slightly to one side and obviously loose power. Nope, those are definately uncorrected unless of course you feel my shouting at the driver to "correct" him makes it a corrected number
just kidding.

Pcar993

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2000 White
137whp and 292wtrq
Mods were:
Kerma PP520 Injectors.
Speedtunig Power Plus Chip.
K&N drop in filter airbox.
Techtonics Tuning 2.5" non cat turbo downpipe.
Mufflerectomy (straight pipe, no muffler).

Davin

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS 5spd blk/blk
It looks like you're getting turbo spikes. If you have a boost gauge, what sort of spike do you get before settling to steady-state boost?

Pcar993

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2000 White
It looks like you're getting turbo spikes. If you have a boost gauge, what sort of spike do you get before settling to steady-state boost?
if you're talkint to me, then yes i was getting turbo spike because i didnt have a dawes device back then. I was spiking at 27psi and settle at 17.5-18psi

dozer

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDi Black on Black

RC2 ASV Sprint520's, no muffler.

Correction of 12% on the dyno, it reads dead on with the local dynojets.

Bootre

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf TDI, 2003, Indego Blue
I just had a run last week. This is an automatic so the spike at 105KM is the shift into third. This is an Un-corrected graph.

I am happy with these numbers. I am running RC Stage III with Sprint 520 nozzles. I have the race pipe installed and my exhaust is clean all the way from the downpipe to the tip.

Rui Augusto

TDI
VW Golf TDI 110 1999
here is my latest improvement. The first graph is the one with all the hardware mounted and a stock chip. The mods are on another thread : http://forums.tdiclub.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1109868&an=0&page=0#1109868

This is of course with 1bar boost, 12mm fuel pump, race520 nozzles and transporter injectors, oilcooler, bigger turbo, Allard FMIC, custom inlet manifold and pipes, 60mm exhaust.

After the custom chip takes place, here are the first results(1.6bar).

and finally with more boost

As i'm still running with the stock clutch, it's impossible to go full throtle until 3000rpms. So the torque it shows it's not too impressive. I didn't touch the engine internally!

KellerJetta

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta white
This is the latest dyno from a 2004 VW Passat PD TDI with a Tiptronic automatic. The only modification is the PD Dieseltuning module. The test was performed in Texas with a Dynojet. There is no torque specs because they did not have pick-up device to read the engine RPM The graph is displaying HP ratings only. The green line was baseline power. The dyno technician was having the usual problems with the automatic transmission upshifting and downshifting which accounts for the difference in the two readings.
Joe, on the previous page you posted the Dyno results for a 2005 Jetta TDI PD that had 165 hp. Why did that dyno show higher numbers than this one when the Passat 2.0 comes stock with more hp? Is it the difference in the dyno's? It can't be because of the power box being that different? Thanks

JoeHafner

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta 2014
On that dyno they had a problem with the car downshifting from 4th to 3rd When you perform a dyno test you want to have the transmission in the gear that is closest to 1 to 1
On the following test we had a more experienced dyno operator who made it so that the auto trans would not downshift. This was from a 2005 Passat 2.0 PD TDI Tiptronic.

[image]
[/image]

Rui Augusto

TDI
VW Golf TDI 110 1999
Well the air intake was changed and I've installed custom camshafts. I did a complete service inspection, including timing belt change. I took the car to the dyno and it achieved 240hp. Then with a small change on the chip, 242hp was achieved.

This was with the previous 221hp chip. The boost is near the max the map/iat sensor can measure. With the other chip (previously with 236hp) and 1.8bar boost it measured 251hp. I don't have this on picture yet.

Haven't change the cluth yet, because not sure of changing to 6 speed gear box, so the low end power and torque is not correctly measured.

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Yes i forgot very nice power/torque , you not talking Rui........had plenty to say on seatcupra.net??

reesha

TDI
Skoda Octavia VRS
driving school car

Hi. Today we measured our (my father's) car.

Some info:
Race520 nozzles, PD150 turbo (1.55 bar boost), my chip, VR6 clutch

Everything else is stock. Based on ALH 66kW/90hp engine.

I know, it is not any extreme, but nice behaviour I think :)

mvolesko

Today i measured my car Golf II.
177hp (130kw), 426Nm (314 lbs/ft)

in Prague, Czech Republic

Info:
Race520 nozzles, PD130 turbo (1.8 bar boost), VR6 clutch, mechanical pump(11mm), IC=renault 2.2TD, weight 850kg (1870 lbs)

Based on 66kW/90hp engine.

http://dieselpower.cz

TDItech

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI GLS Galactic Blue, 2000 Eurovan with ALH fromthe 02 Jetta
Went on the dyno this morning. I don't have a scanner, so I can't show the sheet. 158 hp, couldn't get an rpm reading for a torque measurement.

Here's a pic.

Last edited:

TDItech

Veteran Member
TDI
The Mini has nothing, I'm only 5hp short of it's crank output. You have to scream it to get anything to happen.

Bigjim138

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW Jetta
Lol!, thats what I figured, but I also thought the Mini would be much lighter? The TDI torque just impresses me more and more. When I get to ride in my friends car.:(

TDItech

Veteran Member
TDI
Actually the Mini weighs, if I recall correctly, right around 3200 lbs with a full tank of gas:rolleyes: . It was right at a 1:1 weight ratio when I towed it cross country.

TDIRyan

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI Black
no wonder you have so much smoke!! The rear tires are on the rollers, but it's front wheel drive :p

mydeathbynapalm

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS, 2002, Reflex Silver
Troy...where was the Dyno you got on? Was that at Ferrari Custom? That's with the VNT17 and RCIII w Sprint 764s, yes? 158 is good...

If that's the shop...they are looking to get the laser pickup...hopefully soon. I want to do a run...