POST YOUR DYNOS

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Areis...you still got the standard cam and started life as a 110hp , where is your ic from and miguel is the guy that does all allards tuning yes and witch gear did you get the 58000rpm in and my last question ....did miguel take you out in the car while he reprogrammed the ecu or was it done on the rolling road.

TDIfreak

Veteran Member
TDI
Multivan AHY, Golf CFFB DSG, A6Q 4F 2.7 TDI CANC, 7 meter boat with ALH.
Must be huge (wastegated?) turbo since there is not much life under 2500 rpms. Respectable numbers and revs, anyway.

Areias

TDI
Seat Ibiza
mojogoes: Yes. I still got the standard cam and started life as a 110hp. Right now i have an Allard's IC, but only have photos with the old one. Miguel is the guy you refer. I only can do 5800rpm in 4th gear. In 5th it does 5300rpm ~252km/h with ~225hp.

There's a photo of the engine.

... the old IC...

... the intake manifold...

... making a dynotest only chiptuned ( see revs )...

... and the results of that...

TDIfreak: Yes. There's a big turbo. Thanks.

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Areias for the tdi i got it on good authority you should dyno them in 5th anyway and what would it rev to before miguel got his hands on it and to let the catt out the bag would you also say the high rpm's are down to the mapping

Have you still got the standard inlet manifold and was the ic expensive from allard i must admit they did an inlet for me and what a f-up.

Areias

TDI
Seat Ibiza
I can't agree with you because we must dyno it in 4th gear because is the gear ratio closer to 1:1. 5th gear is 0.717. In VAMAG the test was made in 5th because it isn't a braked type roller dynamometer and if it was made in 5th the torque certainly will be bigger and unreal. In a good dyno test just like a MAHA, we can test it in 4th.
The dyno with ~145hp was made only with a chip. I've just put it here to see its revs. Right now ( with ~225hp ) it has powerfull high revs. Before Miguel puts his hands on my TDI it only makes 4900rpm going down on 4500rpm...
My inlet manifold was different. The original was too small...

tdi rs

Veteran Member
TDI
mk2 16v tdi
I cant agree with dyno runs in 4th,The dyno i use is a Bosch road that too isnt braked and in 4th it pulls that fast and hard the wheels spin and the engine isnt under enough load to give an accurate figure.In 5th tho it gives imo a far more consistant figure,loads the engine up more and a better power figure.I know that all the car has to do is accelerate the rollers but it does make a huge difference.

Areias

TDI
Seat Ibiza
My mistake. I've already edit it. But in Portugal we trust on MAHA dynamometer. Bosch or VAMAG isn't good enough.

tdi rs

Veteran Member
TDI
mk2 16v tdi
Odd that Bosch are good enough make engine management and most other vw consumables but their rolling roads arnt good enough!! From pass experience its down to the operators knowledge on how to use the dyno that gives the most accurate results.

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
I can put pay to it being down to the operaters the second to last dyno i had they said i had 173whp and 205 lbs ft when at 90hp i had 149lbs ft it should have stood to reason i had over double.
Tdi-rs would you agree this with me.....its still happening now up and down the country if you take a look in 75% of the garages they have a bosch dyognostic tuning machine and only 5% of them could use them properly and now most of them are tucked away in the thats where we keep the ****e corner.

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Simon...... what would your take on areias 5800rpm 4th and 5400rpm 5th gear runs , areias what was the torque for these 2 figures,
Love the car areias good pictures whats the inlet manifold off of/from is it one of a sprinter/eco tec/sdi.

Oldman

Top Post Dawg
I see the line that says road and it would look like there is no reason to shift this TDI above 4500 rpm, and maybe 4000 as a TDI has about a 1500 to 1700 RPM power band in gear. Sure you can rev it higher but why

Areias

TDI
Seat Ibiza
I can put pay to it being down to the operaters the second to last dyno i had they said i had 173whp and 205 lbs ft when at 90hp i had 149lbs ft it should have stood to reason i had over double.
Tdi-rs would you agree this with me.....its still happening now up and down the country if you take a look in 75% of the garages they have a bosch dyognostic tuning machine and only 5% of them could use them properly and now most of them are tucked away in the thats where we keep the ****e corner.
That's the reason why i don't like VAMAG or Bosch. A little touch on the brake pedal during the desacceleration could increase torque ( and power too obviously ). I believe on the others dynamometers, but i only trust 100% on MAHA.

Simon...... what would your take on areias 5800rpm 4th and 5400rpm 5th gear runs , areias what was the torque for these 2 figures,
Love the car areias good pictures whats the inlet manifold off of/from is it one of a sprinter/eco tec/sdi.
Right now is near 450Nm but in high rpm. My car doesn't seems like a real TDI because is weak in low revs but very strong on high revs. It start to run really hard on 2800rpm near to 5300rpm ( when i change to next gear ) but i can take it to 5800rpm.

the added drivetrain loss is distorting the dyno as it is making no more HP at 5500 then at 2000 rpm, no more HP at 5000 then at 2200rpm. One would have to spread sheet the dyno to get a true WHP and at that point it would apear to be on par with other TDI. IMO of course
Sure. There will more wasted power on higher revs! Or it shouldn't be? Gear box and wheels wast power...

We got to get our cars to that dyno
I don't know if you are joking, but maybe you will feel disapointed...

I've got here dynos on VAMAG with 157hp but with only 132hp on a MAHA. There's a difference of 10% in the values. Imagine if with test on a VAMAG with 230hp... On a MAHA it will be... 197hp!!! Only an example.

PS: sorry my english...

Oldman:
I see the line that says road and it would look like there is no reason to shift this TDI above 4500 rpm, and maybe 4000 as a TDI has about a 1500 to 1700 RPM power band in gear. Sure you can rev it higher but why

Forget VAMAG dynotest. Look to the MAHA dyno. The test was aborted near 5000rpm.

http://hdi306.no.sapo.pt/TdiSportR.jpg

Regards.

Areias

TDI
Seat Ibiza
So areias what is the exact turbo your running wastgate or vnt
An home made VNT. I'm with you if you don't believe it! I'll put some movies latter.

1/4milles ~14sec with 1300kgs.

Areias

TDI
Seat Ibiza
Epah, deixa lá isso... ja reparaste que os donos dos carros mais potentes aki deste forum n vêm cá falar mal?
por alguma coisa é

Respect, my friend

défics (traduzam lá isto
)
Concordo contigo. Cepticismo acima de tudo. Se vier alguem para aqui com muito bla bla bla de certeza que aceitam melhor, mas como nao tenho bla bla bla porque até nem fui eu que o preparei ha sempre desconfianças eheheh! Deixa-los.

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
I understand you made its at home but would you feel you were giving to much away if you told use what sized wheels you used , is it on the lines of a vnt20/22 or bigger cheers.

JoeHafner

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta 2014
I am looking for a shop who has a dyno to test a 2005 Jetta PD TDI. Does anyone know who has one in the Vancouver/ lower mainland area. I will post the results to this thread. Thank You. Joe

JoeHafner

TDI
Jetta 2014
This is the dyno slip performed today at Kinetic Motorsports 2005 Jetta PD TDI
[image]
[/image]

MDIESEL

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf GLS PD-TDI
Don't have a way to post my run, but the numbers came to 148.7 to the wheels with 273.2 ft-lbs. This is with rocketchip stage 2 on an '04 golf pd-tdi 5spd, no other engine mods.

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Hi,

Finally got the 3bar map sensor characterized to run closed loop up to 30 psi, no cel's. I'm running low torque tuning at low rpms, but max fueling at wot so the car is a nice daily driver. Spun 192hp/363ftlbs. Weather was pouring down rain. Regardless of std, sae, uncorrected, it's wicked fast. The first spin the wheels broke loose from the rollers and the motor went to 5000rpms instantly. They had to readjust the straps and add a couple more to hold this one steady.

Earlier run at 25psi was 182hp/368ftlbs but very smokey, with higher egts - 1150max post temp - cooler at 30psi.

The last run was the best hp at 30psi. We spun in 4th and lifted at 4000rpms. I noticed the 12mm hp drops off at lower rpm, probably with piston float. They are only rated at 1750rpm cuz of the added inertia (thats 3500 crank). Note: this was a bosch 12mm bought from Bosch in Germany, not a local NA sourced pump. Oh, and the boostvalve was set at 35psi, the poor little 1749vb couldn't surge if it wanted to. Smoke wasn't too bad but we were definantly gagging for O2.

Jeff

MDIESEL

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf GLS PD-TDI
I was there for Jeff's runs. I thought he burnt up the clutch on the first run from the sound of it, but it was just the tires breaking loose on the rollers
!

My dyno was not as impressive. Only managed to get 146.? whp with 281.2ft-lbs.

MarkWaddle

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon GLS Black
Where did you source the nozzles and who installed them for you? Was there a lot of labor involved? Any ideas on whats holding her back?

JoeHafner

TDI
Jetta 2014
This is the latest dyno from a 2004 VW Passat PD TDI with a Tiptronic automatic. The only modification is the PD Dieseltuning module. The test was performed in Texas with a Dynojet. There is no torque specs because they did not have pick-up device to read the engine RPM The graph is displaying HP ratings only. The green line was baseline power. The dyno technician was having the usual problems with the automatic transmission upshifting and downshifting which accounts for the difference in the two readings.

[image]http://
[/image]