POST YOUR DYNOS

Miguel_Spain

TDI
Seat Cordoba 1997 90cvs(AHU)
Hi, I´m Spanish owner of a Seat Cordoba TDi 90cvs (AHU) with Garret GT15 turbo.
Actually, I have a strong version of an Upsolute chip and all mufflers were removed.

Smog

Registered Vendor
TDI
Jetta4 1999.5
here is mine :

PD150 turbo
0.216mm nozzles (my products)
Rocketchip 4.0
12mm pump conversion kit (my products)

correction factor of 1.015 on a TAT MAHA dyno

the supreme insult : the car is converted for veggie oil BUT was on diesel for the dyno

Davin

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS 5spd blk/blk
bleh... noticed the other thread... moving my post there...

TurbeinDeizle

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI Gallactic Blue Metallic
Yes, there IS a difference in Dynos.

Dynojet does not have a method to measure HP or Torque, as does the Land & Sea dyno, as previously mentioned.

Dynojet calculates HP & Torque based on a known roller mass/inertia, and acceleration rate.

Land & Sea uses a torque arm & full-wave strain gauge to actually measure Torque.

In order to be apples-apples when comparing the Dynojet with a Land & Sea, have the Land & Sea operator set the Driveline loss value at 15%. Dynojet uses a 15% driveline in their HP calculations, and using the 15% driveline loss in a L&S dyno will provide HP & Torque numbers within 1% of one-another.

I'll post my 02 Jetta TDI's HP & Torque numbers as soon as possible, but will need to convert them to PDF format first.

Best HP/Torque to date: 179.4HP / 354Ft-Lbs at the wheels (propane turned up), using our Land & Sea Dyno with driveline loss set to 15%.

Hope this help to clear up the dyno variation issue...

Tom

Smog

Registered Vendor
TDI
Jetta4 1999.5
Best HP/Torque to date: 179.4HP / 354Ft-Lbs at the wheels (propane turned up), using our Land & Sea Dyno with driveline loss set to 15%.
you don't need to set a driveline loss for hp/torque at the wheels....

TurbeinDeizle

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI Gallactic Blue Metallic
"you don't need to set a driveline loss for hp/torque at the wheels...."

Yes, you do, if you are testing your car on a dyno with a Torque Arm/Strain Gauge, and you want to compare your car's output on a DynoJet dyno....

Tom

Smog

Registered Vendor
TDI
Jetta4 1999.5
"you don't need to set a driveline loss for hp/torque at the wheels...."

Yes, you do, if you are testing your car on a dyno with a Torque Arm/Strain Gauge, and you want to compare your car's output on a DynoJet dyno....

Tom
so it's not wheelhp...

there's no drivetrain loss when you're talking about whp

and lb.ft is a fixed mesure, it shouln't vary from a dyno to another when taken at the wheels

my car made 172whp but 194bhp (flywheel hp is whp + driveline loss)

TDIfreak

Veteran Member
TDI
Multivan AHY, Golf CFFB DSG, A6Q 4F 2.7 TDI CANC, 7 meter boat with ALH.
The pp502 vs. Race520 hp difference is even more, 27 hp.
Last time I heard, the 5 speed is hanging there ok.

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Ok, on a Land and Sea dyno here are my latest numbers. This includes a PD 150 turbo, Kermas' PP764 injectors and finally Jeff's RC 4 chip along with an 11mm pump. Beat my expectations
176.3 hp and 344.2 ft/lbs

Now if I'm supposed to adjust this (+15%) when compairing to a Dyno Jet Dyno I'd have some serious number...from 176.3 to 202.75 hp and 344.2 to 395.75 ft/lbs
Either way the thing ROCKS. Talk about linear power and torque, it's great!!

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
What correction factor? It's probably not too much because you are close to sea level, but still be nice to know.

I see at the bottom it says "standard" correction method, do you have any info about that?

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
The "correction factor" is kind of a joke, to me at least...although apparently not everyone thinks so. There seems to be a bit of controversy about the percentage of difference between assorted dynos out there. I'm sure there is a difference between them, but really the only way to be fair in my opinion would be to use the same dyno on the same day, with the same temperature etc. Even then people no doubt would ***** about something. Bottom line for me is that I am VERY happy with these numbers. And extrodinarily happy with the curvers of both torque and hp.

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Ran it in 4th gear with the IQ around 3.2.

Kerma, sorry I'm not sure what the standard correction is, I ask next week.

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Whatever the peak number is, the shape of that curve is awesome! Jeff is on to something with that RC4.

Gary Miyakawa

Admin Emeritus
TDI
1998 NB TDI
Great numbers BUT, only 25hp more than a RC chip only PD100...

Just imagine what those kind of changes would get out of a PD100 !

Gary M

sciroccohp

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS TDI, black with grey leather
Now if I'm supposed to adjust this (+15%) when compairing to a Dyno Jet Dyno I'd have some serious number...from 176.3 to 202.75 hp and 344.2 to 395.75 ft/lbs
Either way the thing ROCKS.
I have a Land and sea also, the 15% is a baseline difference but what we found is the higher the torque and hp numbers the lower the correction factor. 15% won't work on a 300 hp car but will work on a 130 hp Honda, what I don't know if its the same problem with a car with 300 ft lbs of torque. so I guess the bottom line is you can't compare the numbers from different dynos. If your happy with the power your car has then you are all set.

Oldman

Top Post Dawg
one other thing to note that power is increasing or flat from 3200 to 4200 so this car must feel more like a gasser with an increasing pull. This is true on both sets of injectors, it must be the RC4 chip adding more fuel on the top end as my "stock" UPs chip kind of tappers the the power and the curve is flat from 3200 to 3800 and then down hill from there.

I gotta get my smog 12mm pump head on. I hope that Dezljet will dyno soom too.

TDIfreak

Veteran Member
TDI
Multivan AHY, Golf CFFB DSG, A6Q 4F 2.7 TDI CANC, 7 meter boat with ALH.
It's partly the chip (not RC but 100% Finnish product by Turbotec) and partly it's the 260 degree (at zero lift) cam and the flowed head that make the power curve gasser-like.

The two RC4 curves are different, more peak torque at lower rpms and falling way before 4000 rpms giving top hp right after 3000. Of course they are both with stock cam and head.

Oldman

Top Post Dawg
you should do a post on the cam, is this a gasser cam blank or a welded up and cut TDI blank, or ??? dunno. Looks like it really works...

tdi rs

Veteran Member
TDI
mk2 16v tdi
Got finally a chance to get my Golf 2 tdi on the rollers on wednesday night a got 250.2hp at flywheel and 232hp at wheels.I havnt got the printout yet or the torque figure but ill post it when i get it.

Areias

TDI
Seat Ibiza
My dynotest was made in a MAHA. MAHA is a braked type roller dynamometer. I've got power over 5000revs.

Areias

TDI
Seat Ibiza
I have a full stock engine with 130000km. Only have a FMIC, an home made turbo made in TurboCenter ( Portugal ), 12" injector pump, PP502 and chip by Miguel Racing Chips. All made by Miguel Patrocinio ( F3Sport ).
I have photos with 5800revs.